Nurse's tweets in response to Trump's infanticide lies go viral

Great story here about a nurse in Michigan who tweeted in response to Trump’s recent rally comments where he lied about doctors and nurses committing infanticide.

"The baby is born. The mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully, and then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby. I don’t think so.”

Except of course it’s not true. Here’s Pulver’s thread telling the truth after Trump’s lies.

https://twitter.com/VotePulver/status/1122324913690484737

It’s pretty disgusting but it’s not that surprising that he’s so wrong. More disgraceful conduct from Trump. He does not deserve another term in office.

4 Likes

The right is essentially mocking mothers with the heartbreaking reality of their child being born with an unsustainable condition. It is sick.

1 Like

Ask the Gov. in the Hood. He’ll tell you what the plan is.

Meh, Trump was just cheesing ya.

It’s like when Trump says democrats hate Jewish people, he’s just a destructive force, nothing matters outside of shoring up anger in his base.

It’s really unimaginable that someone would do that.

What are you talking about?

We went from common decency to Donald Trump in about 2 years.

All of this is the fault of people who voted for Donald Trump.

6 Likes

And one gigantic reason no one should vote for him again.

2 Likes

It reminds me of people who thought “marrying dogs” was the logical conclusion of legalizing gay marriage.

Just sick and bizarre views entrenched in extremes of tribal politics.

2 Likes

The klan pictured Gov. of Virginia.

He told us all what would happen to unwanted babies that were born when they weren’t meant to be. And it wasn’t the lie you’re spreading.

“The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired. And then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

Nice try though.

Do you know what that word means? Do you know what being “kept comfortable” means?

1 Like

is it some sort of cake?

So it’s just as trump described, and you’re trying to twist it into something else, about the

And people call trump a liar.

He’s talking about palliative care for infants that have terminal conditions. Anyone spreading lies that this is infanticide are ■■■■■■■ lying ghouls.

8 Likes

Ghouls are cool.

I envy that you have never had to deal with a terminally ill family member, hospice, or palliative care. And I hope you never have to. God bless.

3 Likes

I think I’ll believe a professional NICU nurse over trump any day.

No trump wasn’t talking about that. He was talking about late-term and botched abortions. And he was talking about the Wisconsin governor’s stated position, which echo northam’s.

Even Slate magazine is being honest about what trump said.

"At one point, he turned to what has emerged as a favorite talking point for the president as he gears up for the 2020 presidential campaign: “extreme late-term abortion.” Trump claimed Saturday that Democrats are in favorof “allowing children to be ripped from their mother’s womb right up until the moment of birth.”

Trump went on to falsely characterize what he said an “extreme late abortion” would entail in horrifically graphic—and not to mention misleading—language. “Your Democrat governor here in Wisconsin, shockingly, stated that he will veto legislation that protects Wisconsin babies born alive. Born alive,” Trump said in a disapproving tone. “The baby is born, the mother meets with the doctor, they take care of the baby, they wrap the baby beautifully, and then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby.” Trump then put on an incredulous tone. “You hear late term, but this is where the baby is born, it’s there, it’s wrapped, that’s it,” Trump said as he made a guillotine motion with his hand, as if he were implying that the baby’s head would be sliced off."

In all of those cases, we’re talking about nonviable infants. They have terminal conditions. Trump is making it sound like letting a viable infant die after a “botched abortion” is legal. It isn’t. That’s called homicide. Asserting otherwise is a ghoulish lie.

1 Like