Nunes lets the cat out of the bag

Right because in the context of the discussion about the Kavanaugh confirmation, he suddenly shifts to talking about the investigation against Trump. Makes perfect sense.

Must be about adoptions or something…

I’m sure he was just talking about his grandchildren. :roll_eyes:

Is this supposed to be nefarious in some incomprehensible way? He’s merely setting priorities, and it sounds like he has the right one.

Well clearly it’s obstruction since he thinks Rosenstein SHOULD be impeached.

Yeah he seems pretty set on protecting the President from Mueller

"So it’s not a matter that any of us like Rosenstein. It’s a matter of, it’s a matter of timing.”

With Rep McMorris Rodgers who is the fourth highest ranking Republican, the leadership is in on the fix

Yeah. Pretty set on protecting him. You bet. :roll_eyes:

Yes. That’s clear from his saying it was a priority to approve the Supreme Court nominee. What else could that mean?

What fix? What are you blathering about now?

“That’s why I keep, and thank you for saying it by the way, I mean we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away”

Why would they like him when he refuses to provide subpoened documents?

You don’t understand it. We get it.

When are the elections? November. What month is it now? What happens to the confirmation if the Senate impeaches Rosenstein now and the GOP loses the majority in November? Make sense now? Probably not.

Funny, because if he was talking about Kavanaugh, why would he bring up Mueller and Sessions recusal at all?

I think you may need to be retrained in reading comprehension.

If we do not keep the majority,

This all goes away.

Still confused?

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “So therein lies, so it’s like your classic Catch-22 situation where we were at a – this puts us in such a tough spot. If Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones. Which is really the danger. That’s why I keep, and thank you for saying it by the way, I mean we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away.”

Pretty sure the priority right here is protect Trump against Mueller :point_up:

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “The Senate would have to start, the Senate would have to drop everything they’re doing and start to, and start with impeachment on Rosenstein. And then take the risk of not getting Kavanaugh confirmed. So it’s not a matter that any of us like Rosenstein. It’s a matter of, it’s a matter of timing.”

Pretty sure the priority here is Kavanaugh confirmed first, then impeach Rosenstein :point_up:

So you think their wanting to impeach Rosenstein is obstruction in order to protect Trump. Despite Nunes publicly saying that if Trump released information that was stolen by the Russians it would be illegal. Alrighty then. :laughing:

Nunes…that dude must get seriously tired carrying all that water for Trump.

Maybe he can find some more secret memos to help him.

Nunes is going to get a #greatawakening come mid-terms.

Im not sure of that at all. I am sure his priority is getting Kavanaugh confirmed, and that is the proper priority. He is telling that to a group that would like to see Rosenstein impeached, and if Rosenstein is intentionally refusing to provide subpoenaed documents there is probably a basis for it. Whether that will really happen is another matter.
The purpose of the speech is pretty clearly to explain why he is doing nothing in relation to Rosenstein…and this gives Rosenstein additional time to comply.

And considering what an impeachment would need in the Senate, the idea of impeaching anyone, Rosenstein or Trump, is probably a pipe dream of either side.