Nunes lets the cat out of the bag

In my opinion, this is the damning one:

Nunes also said that “if Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones. Which is really the danger,” according to the audio.

“I mean we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away,” he added, apparently referring to keeping Republican control of the House in the 2018 midterm elections.

Nunes think it’s his job to clear the President. This is straight obstruction of Justice. Lock his scrawny treasonweasle rear end up.

4 Likes

Hence Nunes plan to impeach Rosenstein after Kavenaugh is confirmed.

Like Nunes said “it is all a matter of timing”…Nunes is a scumbag

1 Like

That isn’t what he’s saying at all.

Clearly he is saying he thinks Rosenstein SHOULD be impeached, however if they are busy impeaching Rosenstein they will not be able to confirm Kavanaugh unless they are able to keep enough seats after November. This is all about the timing of this, not about obstruction. :roll_eyes:

Kavanaugh is to be appointed. Not impeached. Can’t you guys keep your story straight?

Kavanaugh is being impeached??

Whatever. Good luck with that.

Um, yes, he said that too. Did you actually read what I quoted?

Here, let me do it again:

Nunes also said that “if Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones. Which is really the danger,” according to the audio.
“I mean we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away,” he added, apparently referring to keeping Republican control of the House in the 2018 midterm elections.

That part is all but complete admission of Obstruction.

Clip #1:

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “So therein lies, so it’s like your classic Catch-22 situation where we were at a – this puts us in such a tough spot. If Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones. Which is really the danger. That’s why I keep, and thank you for saying it by the way, I mean we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away.”

Clip #2:

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “They know it’s ridiculous to go after the president for obstruction of justice. But if they tell a lie often enough and they put it out there and they say, ‘Oh, we’re looking at the tweets,’ cause you know you’ve got a mixed bag on the tweets, right? Like sometimes you love the president’s tweets, sometimes we cringe on the president’s tweets. But they’re trying to make a political, this is all political as to why that story ran in the New York Times on the tweets.”

Clip #3:

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “Now if somebody thinks that my campaign or Cathy’s campaign is colluding with the Chinese, or you name the country, hey, could happen, it would be a very bad thing if Cathy was getting secrets from the Portuguese, let’s say, just because I’m Portuguese, my family was. So Cathy was getting secret information from the Portuguese. You know, may or may not be unusual. But ultimately let’s say the Portuguese came and brought her some stolen emails. And she decided to release those. Okay, now we have a problem, right? Because somebody stole the emails, gave ‘em to Cathy, Cathy released ‘em. Well, if that’s the case, then that’s criminal.”

Clip #4:

AUDIENCE MEMBER: “But also, on things that came up in the House on Rosenstein impeachment thing. And it appears from an outsider that the Republicans were not supported.”

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “Yeah, well, so it’s a bit complicated, right? And I say that because you have to, so we only have so many months left, right? So if we actually vote to impeach, okay, what that does is that triggers the Senate then has to take it up. Well, and you have to decide what you want right now because the Senate only has so much time. Do you want them to drop everything and not confirm the Supreme Court justice, the new Supreme Court justice? So that’s part of why, I don’t think you have, you’re not getting from, and I’ve said publicly Rosenstein deserves to be impeached. I mean, so, I don’t think you’re gonna get any argument from most of our colleagues. The question is the timing of it right before the election.”

REP. MCMORRIS RODGERS (R-WA): “Also, the Senate has to start –”

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “The Senate would have to start, the Senate would have to drop everything they’re doing and start to, and start with impeachment on Rosenstein. And then take the risk of not getting Kavanaugh confirmed. So it’s not a matter that any of us like Rosenstein. It’s a matter of, it’s a matter of timing.”

You misspelled anything. :roll_eyes:

All of what goes away? The investigation? Or the confirmation of Kavanaugh?

I get the impression that you’re trying to be clever but I sincerely have no idea what you’re trying to say.

I’m sure you don’t. Clearly, you don’t even understand what you’re reading if you think any of this is evidence of obstruction. :roll_eyes:

Given the context of the statement, talking specifically how they’re the “only ones” as opposed to recused Sessions and Mueller…

Trump.

What, oh master of discernment, do you think he means by the following quote:

If Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones. Which is really the danger.

Show your work.

Good luck with that.

I already did. Work on your reading comprehension skills. :roll_eyes:

I am just here wondering why house republicans have to protect the president against Mueller? :thinking:

I mean he is innocent right? :thinking:

5 Likes

I don’t see where this article is about any of that. With the appointment of Kavanaugh they will be replacing a “swing” judge on the SCOTUS (Kennedy) with a judge who swings to the right. They’re worried about losing that opportunity if they’re busy impeaching Rosenstein instead. If they lose the majority in November, he’s worried Kavanaugh won’t get confirmed.

“If Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones. Which is really the danger.”