Nunes aims to put intelligence source at risk

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/risk-to-intelligence-source-who-aided-russia-investigation-at-center-of-latest-showdown-between-nunes-and-justice-dept/2018/05/08/d6fb66f8-5223-11e8-abd8-265bd07a9859_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.648e8e4bae60

I wonder why Nunes would do this? What does he have to gain by opening up an intelligence source to physical danger?

Did we learn nothing from Cheney outing the NOC?

I don’t care much for this Nunes fellow.

Because the DOJ and FBI said that the redacted information in the Nunes memo about the FISA warrants was critically important to be kept secret - methods and sources could not be revealed.

Then when the redactions were finally removed it turned out to be all a lie and an excuse to try to keep the DOJ and FBI from being embarrassed.

That’s why.

M

Is that what the FBI said?

Here’s the statement they put out:

The FBI takes seriously its obligations to the FISA Court and its compliance with procedures overseen by career professionals in the Department of Justice and the FBI. We are committed to working with the appropriate oversight entities to ensure the continuing integrity of the FISA process.

With regard to the House Intelligence Committee’s memorandum, the FBI was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it. As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.

I don’t see sources or methods in that statement. Do you?

They spoke of sources and methods with the White House and with the Speaker of the House They lied.

M

They lied? For goodness sake, let us in on the inside information you have, Agent 86.

2 Likes

I already did.

They said that the redactions were necessary for security reasons. They were only necessary to keep the FBI from being embarrassed, as it turned out.

No methods or sources were revealed.

M

And what’s the source of your inside information?

Just google Nunes memo sources and methods. You will find DOZENS of reports.

M

Nunes was on the transition team. He’s probably covering his own ass and in turn Trump’s ass.

Ah, you mean the Nunes memo that was filled with errors and omissions? That Nunes memo?

1 Like

Instead of trying to besmirch the Nunes memo, why not stick to the actual TOPIC of the thread?

Is that too tough for you?

M

Dude is up to his ears in something. Not going to search for it right now but I saw an article about Nunes meeting with Flynn and the Turkish foreign minister or something. He knows he’s going to prison for something if ■■■■ gets out. I thought it was all a little weird for a random congressional hack but now I can see his demeanor is just scared.

You brought up the Nunes memo in the third post of the thread.

You brought up the Nunes memo. Did you forget already?

I brought up the fact that the FBI LIED about their need to redact the Nunes memo to protect sources and methods and that was why no one believes them when they say that THIS also needs to be redacted to protect sources and methods.

I did NOT bring up the Nunes memo for debate on its efficacy. If you want to make a thread about whether the Nunes memo was accurate or not, feel free. Thre have already been many.

This isn’t it.

M

see post above.

M

Besmirch? You make it sound like the memo is a virgin debutante. It’s a freaking piece of paper that was filled with mistakes.

Then start a thread on how awful the Nunes memo is.

In the mean time THIS thread is a question of why Nunes doesn’t believe the FBI when they make a claim of protecting intelligence.

It’s all in the OP.

M

Its accuracy is very relevant to this discussion since it’s part of his ongoing efforts to undermine the investigation. Stop trying to direct traffic.