NRA is in deep financial trouble and may soon 'be unable to exist'

I was a big NRA supporter back in the day. Most of my friends and family were. I like guns.

What I don’t like is Russia spending money in the United States elections. It is intolerable to think that an organization that I used to support would be an assessory to this crime. I am ashamed of myself as a man and as a veteran to have supported something that undermined the integrity of the United States election process.

The Monkees had “Salesman.” The Beatles responded with “Taxman.”

Then the Beatles made “Nowhere Man,” so the Monkees came back with “Someday Man.”

But it was not a meeting of equals. Next to Woody Guthrie, the Monkees have ruled the rock world for half a century.

As for the NRA, I wonder when they will declare bankruptcy.

Is 2019 going to be the year?

1 Like

Never… they will just register as a foreign lobbyist… :joy:

1 Like

It wasn’t even recorded by the Monkeys until 67.

You’re talking about the radio version. Lots of people make that mistake.

The first release was in October of 67.

John Coburn Stewart wrote the song in 1958. Michael Nesmeth and Davy Jones recorded their first version of the song as a duo in 1959. Nesmeth played acoustic guitar and sang backup. Jones sang lead and played the bongos.

You’re nearly a decade off. It was written shortly before the KT broke up in 67.

That would be a decade almost before the Monkeys were formed.

I agree that the radio version of the original song does cause a lot of confusion. I can’t fault you for your mistake. Diehard music fans know the difference.

When Nesmeth and Jones recorded as a duo, they called themselves the Squirrels. They soon discovered that a half-dozen other bands were named the Squirrels too. Thus the switch.

There is nothing to support anything you are claiming. Each time you are shown to be wrong you just make something else up.

Next you’ll be telling me that the Rolling Stones influenced Foghat, instead of the other way around.

:roll_eyes:

You really need to buy a calendar or learn to use wiki.

In any case, I agree with Lennon when he said that Michael Nesmeth was a superior songwriter to both himself and McCartney and that the Beatles started as a Monkees tribute band–although back then the Monkees were known as the Squirrels. But I believe I mentioned that already.

Repeated listens of the Pisces, Capricorn album really drive that truth home. Nesmeth was a true wordsmith.

There’s zero evidence to show that ever happened.

You’ve got to really dig, man. You can’t always find the truth on the Internet.

Then provide it.

Provide something that’s probably not on the Internet . . . on the Internet?

Nesmeth would’ve wrote a song about it if the Internet were around back then.

He was a visionary. True fans know.

How many Foghat albums do you own?

How can you be upset with the NRA but not be upset with Trump?