Now we're talking, $50/hour minimum wage!

Many of us have said why have people settle for a $15/hour minimum wage when they should get much more?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/every-single-restaurant-will-close-overnight-celebrity-chef-blasts-california-politician-s-50-minimum-wage-proposal-calls-state-the-worst-run-in-the-country-do-you-agree/ar-BB1iLyBU?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=96fb392d535d4edd9d6fca71a0e79512&ei=43

Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Calif., is championing a proposal to raise the federal minimum wage to $50 per hour as part of her bid for the U.S. Senate. Given the substantial gap between this figure and the current federal minimum wage of $7.25, her initiative is drawing considerable attention.

I love the idea of paying 30 bucks for a loaf of bread. (D)erp.

:rofl:

7 Likes

Mmmm meat for the base

What a ridiculous thing to push.

Like a negotiation - we will ask for 50 and then settle somewhere in the middle! :joy:

1 Like

Such a stupid idea.

2 Likes

liViNg WaGe!

3 Likes

Y’all see it too, right? This is clearly a way to dupe low information voters into showing up to that booth. Honesty sure isn’t gonna cut it this cycle. :rofl:

5 Likes

I agree. Especially if it not based in any research. That’s a 100k minimum annual salary for flipping burgers. Asinine. That’s well above the median living wage requirements for CA.

Everyone can be rich!. Minimum wage should be $1000 an hr. Just never increase any prices. Lower all prices to 1955 prices and lock it at that price. 5 homes per person limit. People can go short their property values too and make a bundle of cash when the enforced deflation happens. Make speculation on commodities, inflation and appreciation illegal except for those in a particular commodity based production. Free luxury medical and utilities. Draft all young males into Space Force for 2 yrs… Rid the universe of Bug Planets.

4 Likes

And a boat for SixFoot!!!

(nothing fancy, a Silent 80 will do)
6 Likes

Easy Peasey. Limit to 5 vessels (any type)

1 Like

Are you sure about that?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/making-150k-is-considered-lower-middle-class-in-these-high-cost-us-cities/ar-BB1iLWkB?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=484f2975b3de4362b865349581506734&ei=96

In some high-cost cities, a $150,000 annual salary is stretched financially thin and qualifies as a “lower middle class” income, according to a recent analysis from GOBankingRates.

Northern California and Virginia top the list, where the maximum lower middle class income range goes from $128,964 to $152,652, among the top five most expensive cities.

The cities that ranked with the highest incomes considered “lower middle class” include, in descending order: Arlington, Virginia; San Francisco, California; San Jose, California; Irvine, California; Seattle, Washington, Gilbert, Arizona; Plano, Texas; Scottsdale, Arizona; Washington, D.C.; and Chandler, Arizona.

She is losing badly in the polls and this is pretty much last second desperation on her part.

1 Like

It will be either Schiff vs Porter (Dem vs Dem) or Schiff vs Garvey (Dem vs Rep) in the General Election. Lee has zero chance of making the General Election.

Porter and Garvey are within a point of each other right now for the second slot, 19% for Porter and 18% for Garvey.

Obviously, Schiff would prefer Garvey as his opponent, as a Republican opponent would seal the General Election for him on the spot.

I generally concur.

Here are some raw numbers:

Lee cited 2023 data from the California Department of Housing and Community Development which found that people who make $104,000 per year and live alone in San Francisco, San Mateo or Marin counties, were considered low income households in 2023.

In the same three counties, a one-person household making $65,250 was considered very low income, those making $39,150 were considered extremely low and people making $18,400 per year were acutely low income.

These 3 counties in the Bay Area, have some of the highest prices homes…which is by far the biggest expense.

Maybe these counties could subsidize those that struggle, with assisting rent or mortgage costs.

The fed Min should be higher…Maybe $15. that is not living high on the hog in any county in any state.

There’s certainly no way this could ever backfire.

1 Like

Why should we even have to work for a wage? Let’s just gut the whole hog and put in a living wage of 150k per year.

You guys can enjoy my really â– â– â– â– â– â–  artwork I would do with my free time in that scenario.

If those counties want to pay for it, then go for it.

Although I’m of the opinion that the welfare state exists for you to have a basics. In no way is a Bay Area home the basics. I don’t have a refrigerator with Android OS built in that auto orders my groceries like those fancy ass homes do.

I dunno about you but I’m ready to go kill some bugs.

2 Likes

You can make â– â– â– â– â– â–  drawings of me playing â– â– â– â– â– â–  music on the guitar. :rofl:

2 Likes