Now BLM/antifa are burning bibles

And the confirmed corruption of every single liberal politician who pushed it hard when they knew it was fake.

2 Likes

Let’s all stay on topic please.

uh… hate to point out the obvious, but burning a book does destroy the words inside of it.

I haven’t seen them directly address religion but yes, in general terms. Racism is the normal state of the world. Nothing exists outside of racism.

I get the need to be vigilant, I just don’t see this as necessitating it.

The Harry Potter story is a version of Bunyan’s Pilgrim’s Progress. It is a story of the Christian everyman’s journey.

If that is enough to attract those voters then go for it.

I doubt it though

Sure you can. If you can charge people with a hate crime for painting over a BLM mural, you can bet you ass it can happen to Koran burners too.

2 Likes

I understand there was no violence involved, so at that moment at least, protestors.

Disrupt what though? The Idea that this lil zoomed in snippet of a moment of two skinny kids lives is something we should be making macro sized judgements and opinions on? Sure. I’ll disrupt that.

I think if anyone sees it occuring in any scenario, or to “either side” we should all endeavor to call it out.

Remember the Umbrella Man from the JFK conspiracy? You zoom in on him and everything gets crazy. Zoom out.

No, it is not.

A deity is not required to be a good person.

Only if it’s the last copy on Earth.

So? Cars and trucks are used by some idiots to kill people. Does it make any sense for that reason to start burning cars and trucks? Some people misrepresent the US Constitution. Does that mean it makes sense to burn copies of that?

The whole post-fascist period is one of clear and present danger. Consequently, true pacification requires the withdrawal of tolerance before the deed, at the stage of communication in word, print, and picture. Such extreme suspension of the right of free speech and free assembly is indeed justified only if the whole of society is in extreme danger. I maintain that our society is in such an emergency situation, and that it has become the normal state of affairs. Different opinions and ‘philosophies’ can no longer compete peacefully for adherence and persuasion on rational grounds…

https://www.marcuse.org/herbert/publications/1960s/1965-repressive-tolerance-fulltext.html

This my friend, is the very heart of the matter.

The thread.

You didn’t know? In the beginning was the big bang. Matter vs anti matter. For some as yet unexplainable reason, Matter won. Matter can be burned to create light. Ever since that first victory of light over dark, white supremacy has existed and all things non white have been oppressed.

That was public property, not remotely the same.

Right, is really a video of two skinny kids getting weird. Are these the two skinny kids that broke the camels back?

I have a fire pit.

If I just start burning things and posting links to it then what?

Will I attain the power to manipulate you, just like that?

I would consider setting fires, as the Fox article claims, to be an act of violence. But I agree, burning a flag or even a Bible I would consider protest.

Not a separate and distinct group, such as rioters.