What will happen next with the black vote?

All right.

I tried to help.

All I get back is excuses as why it can’t be done.

Exactly, so waiting on Republicans to come around isnt in the best interest of black democrats m

They apparently have all the answers already…

1 Like

In Morton’s Fork and in this conversation, right and left are the forks. The black nation is the “player”.

They aren’t excuses. They are reality.

It is what you think reality is.

It is why the GOP will continue to fail to get African American support.

Can’t get voters if you don’t want to at least try to get them.

1 Like

No, I was speaking to more specific posts. The ones I quoted, to be exact.

The reason why the right and the left put all their energy into retention rather than outreach - in other words, negatively rather than positivity - is because retention is easier, and it works better.

Ah. Ok. I would say retention is more necessary. Without a base, you aren’t even in the game.

Retention is both necessary, and occasionally sufficient.

1 Like

My point, regarding the prisoner’s dilemma, is that the only way for utopian, universally positive political discourse is for both sides to agree to put themselves in a situation in which it is both of their best interests to betray each other.

What does that look like?

It looks like a daydream. Entirely separate from reality.

It’s not possible.

1 Like

Because?

Because both sides want to win - or at worse, lose less.

Punishments and rewards as consequences always exist in the real world.

If you asked Biden about the black agenda even he couldn’t tell you what it was.

1 Like

It’s not a strategy. It’s just speculation. I am speculating that a lot of minorities will look at the hot mess the DNC has forced on them. Taking areas where crime was falling and turning them into war zones. Some black folks will surely say enough is enough and stop supporting their idiots in power. Just my opinion.

It seems that some think that there is a collective vote rather than individuals casting their own individual vote.

1 Like

It’s true. Good observation. And we call that “some” the DNC. Nobody assigns people to their proper group better than the libs.

The DNC weren’t the people I was referring to. The Republican Party is the one that has a problem attracting the black vote. Given the significant support that Biden received in the primaries it is reasonable to believe that the Republican Party will have a similar problem in the 2020 presidential election.