NOT SO FAST: Republican DEFEATS Democrat in Arizona Special Election

Except this is not a presidential election years…

I understand perfectly the dems lost and are pretending it’s a win… Funny as heck. I hope that’s their big strategy for the midterms…

Do you understand the gains we made? It’s okay if you don’t.

I just can’t tell if they actually believe what they say. It’s fascinating.

Look at the money difference as well. The GOP poured a LOT of money into this race, not very much from the Dems.

All is well.

You didn’t make any gains…You lost.

So how do you interpret the 40 state legislative seats the dems have flipped since November 2016? Not to mention a governorship, us senate and rep seats? Still just losing?

I said it the minute he won the primary, that it was going to cost republicans a bunch of seats, I was surprised it didn’t happen in the last election. Still, losing the house is preferable to losing the SCOTUS.

Trump is not running for the house. Those races are local. I bet reps pick up seats…

No you don’t. You don’t actually think the reps will pick up seats in 2018. No one does. You’re just messing around. But I guess new format doesn’t change the poster.

Why would anyone believe a Trumper would understand the significance of this election’s outcome? Just voting for Trump shows a remarkable lack of even basic critical thinking skills.

The GOP Candidate won that Congressional race by about 5%, which was won by Trump by 21%. (Trump won AZ by 3.6%.) If Democratic Sinema loses in that Congressional district by only about 5%, she will be Arizona’s next Senator for us here. The Republican needs to win in that Congressional district by at least 10% to win statewide in Arizona here.

Yes, you all have the same talking point. It’s not a presidential election year.

Yes, Trump is not running this year. Do you know what historically happens in mid-term elections? The president’s party loses seats. There’s less turnout and generally the party out of power is more motivated to vote.

Why do you think Paul Ryan is retiring? Because he doesn’t want to be speaker anymore? No, he know’s he’s not going to be speaker next year because a Dem will.

Hopefully not Pelosi though. Time for some new blood.

right now there are 158 seats held by repulicans that trump won by 10 points or less. given the GOPs recent performance i can see the dems wining 2/3 of them which would give them an overwhelming majority in the house.

It is, when you beat the spread.

Good thing they’d need a veto proof supermajority in the Senate to go along with that to do any damage.

Bing Bong!! That is the only real news here. The dems thought the district would flip… they were wrong. Can’t blame them… the poll numbers never lie and are infallible. ke ke ke ke ke

There is some serious talk inside Republican circles that with Trump’s current approval ratings being what they are, and the enthusiasm gap growing between R and D in favor of the Democrats, that the Senate may very well come into play in November. In the off-chance that the Democrats do manage to get to 51-49, then the SCOTUS play (those who decided to take the flyer on Trump in hopes of SCOTUS) will have resulted in Gorsuch only. Which I am pleased with personally.

But the longer-term damage this may do to the GOP and their ability to confirm many more SCOTUS appointments over the long-haul would be significantly at risk. As the stain of Trump will cover the GOP for some time to come. Opting for the short-term win, may end up hurting them in the long-term.

:confused:

Most all people, both left and right, believed the seat would remain with the GOP. Hence the reason the Democrats did not spend the same money in the race that the GOP was forced to spend, just to save the seat. But a lot of people predicted a closer vote tally than what there was for Trump in 2016. And they were right about that. The swing was severe, and in line with the other special elections that have taken place this year. There is a massive enthusiasm gap right now. Almost 100,00 voters who cast their vote for Trump, did not even participate in this election.