North and LaPierre in struggle for control of the NRA

I find it entertaining because the NRA has used its fundraising to promote GOP candidates almost exclusively…

The GOP has benefited from the NRA’s move into political advocacy almost exclusively… It would make sense that they would be against this… To deny this is laughable…

Actually, yes… I am doubtful that you do have non-profit leadership experience if you don’t recognize the dangers of self dealing at non-profits.

I’m doubtful you do.

They should have a duel.

GOP candidates are exclusively the ones not attacking the 2nd Amendment. Exclusively.

What do you guys think is going to happen here? Do you think the NRA is going to disappear?

I think the NRA is going to face an investigation from the AG of the state of New York, they are, after all, a New York corporation. The IRS will likely be investigating as well.

Ok. What about the next decade after that one?

Except for that, great post.

1 Like

And North announces this morning that he will not serve a second term as president of the NRA…

When Oliver North is too honest to stay in your organization. :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

With semi autos

1 Like

PBS gets revenue from advertisers too but they call them sponsors. Not defending NRA per se’, but there seems to be some leeway in that area.

Wasn’t North involved in a veteran’s group dust-up with our host a bunch of years back?

Hard to know who to root for in this dispute.

I do know ON was a highly protected person on this forum years ago. Many instapermabans were issued due to him. I wonder if that’s still the case?

Is it true that guns are not allowed at the NRA convention?

If it loses tax exempt status it’s not exactly going to be in good shape for a while.

The looters will be fine though.

“Marc Owens, who served for 10 years as the head of the Internal Revenue Service division that oversees tax-exempt enterprises, recently reviewed these records. “The litany of red flags is just extraordinary,” he said. “The materials reflect one of the broadest arrays of likely transgressions that I’ve ever seen. There is a tremendous range of what appears to be the misuse of assets for the benefit of certain vendors and people in control.” Owens added, “Those facts, if confirmed, could lead to the revocation of the NRA’s tax-exempt status” — without which the organization could likely not survive.”

It has genuinely amazed me over the past 10 years to see the level of graft and hucksterism that exists within the American conservative political movement.

This is just more of the same.

2 Likes

The NRA is going to be around a lot longer than Coumo.