Noem rejects legalization

I have no idea what that’s supposed to mean. Noem is wrong. Weed shouldn’t have ever been illegal. “Legalization” is righting a wrong.

Don’t like weed? Don’t use it.

I think letting medical doctors write a Rx for anyone with a sore ass and just getting a fine for smoking up public spaces is pretty open and compassionate.

How many of them are smoking it Boomer?

Put your mask on and vaccinate.

I don’t smoke and even I find this ludicrous.

1 Like

My vision of a better public policy begs to differ.

Cannabis doesn’t kill the Kung Flu.

CBD Inhibits SARS-CoV-2 Replication and Promotes the Host Innate Immune Response:

THC Prevents Mortality from Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome through the Induction of Apoptosis in Immune Cells, Leading to Cytokine Storm Suppression:

2 Likes

And used in place of opioids by many to manage pain.

Jay-and-Doritos-e1377194876785

2 Likes

I don’t smoke it because it makes me feel terrible. But I don’t care who smokes it. Hell, you can smoke it in my house if you want. I’ll sit back with a beer.

I even agree with you on this to some extent. I do believe it is a gateway drug to some of our more obsessive personalities. Not everyone. The thing is, I don’t believe it should have ever been illegal.

The part I don’t agree with is magnifying meanness or self-esteem issues. From my experience alcohol does that, weed does just the opposite. But again, that’s just my experience. Growing up young 90% of the people I associated with did drugs and or alcohol. So, I’ve been around it a lot.

I do not recall the 1st comment as a reason to legalize.
I do recall the 2nd.

Both are based on BS.

Do you have the same opinion regarding Heroin, LSD and Meth?

Self esteem as an actual form of SELF would reject an altered state of any type. Alcohol also.

All about actualized awareness.

So are the reasons for using pot…BS. Fine with me, poor public policy for a society of free will and markets and opportunity. I suppose if I wanted to turn my citizens into subjects pot would be a great way to grease the skids.

With fentanyl everywhere it only takes a small mistake for some terrible consequences.

After working all day, and dealing with everything life throws at ya…a glass of wine, and/or a couple hits of cannabis, takes the edge off, and produces a wonderful night of sleep.

It is not for everyone…and that is just fine.

Comparing cannabis to fentanyl is ridiculous.

BTW, the original gateway drug is breast milk…it leads to everything else.

1 Like

A solid workout and a glass of milk can do the same with better health outcome.

I wasn’t comparing pot to fentanyl as much as pointing out it masks the danger of fentanyl.

1 Like

Cow milk isn’t made for human consumption. Between the fat content and lactose it can have worse long term effects than marijuana

I am mostly kidding it’s understandable to have an aversion to drugs and alcohol regardless of their positive effects. I know plenty of people who follow your lead. But the government shouldn’t be regulating it. Profiting sure but not regulating.

Sounds good to me.

1 Like

It’s a harder sell for most conservatives but yeah those should be completely decriminalized for possession. My state of Oregon has done that and it was absolutely the right move.

The hard part is that decriminalization creates this weird paradox. You can possess drugs but dealing drugs is still illegal. But you can only get the drugs from dealers.

Legalization would be even weirder with the state allowing the open sale of drugs like meth and heroin via stores. Can’t abide that.

1 Like

I now have a better understanding of the state of civil unrest in Portland.

2 Likes

The state of Oregon hasn’t made a right move in many decades.

2 Likes