Noem rejects legalization

You say there is a connection between weed and opioids?

“Meaness”?

1 Like

Does alcohol? Does prohibiting either make the US a “better place”? How about infantilizing adults?

3 Likes

Well for one you can’t overdose on marijuana.

Two… why are you comparing marijuana to opioids? Those are two way different things.

1 Like

When I used to be a heavy smoker my munchie crave were fully loaded baked potatoes. No idea why but if I was good and high, I was cooking some.

1 Like

Yes. Lack of self esteem magnified.

Nope alcohol is arguably worse.

Two wrongs…

I favor decriminalizing. Small fine for possession or selling. Misdemeanor.

State sanctioned fun use is a step too far IMO.

2 Likes

Magnified by weed?

OK. Good question.

The legalization argument was that pot would be an attractive alternate to opioids and that their use would go down.

The anti legalization argument was that pot was a gateway drug and opioid use would climb.

It looks to me like opioid use has climbed…a lot.

Magnified and drawn to.

“Wrongs”? How is either “wrong”?

How about a “small fine” for that beer or wine in your fridge? Maybe misdemeanor it a little? Put it on your permanent record?

“State sanctioned”? It’s none of the state’s business.

Get your government out of people’s living rooms dude.

Put the shovel down.

What? Who made that argument ever?

2+2=5.

You feel that the two are remotely related? How?

What evidence do you have that weed users are opiate abusers? Where do they overlap on your Venn?

Is it the purview of the government to “prevent” adult citizens from engaging in either one? If so, from whence this authority?

I dunno.

Never had any political prisoners until we had quasi-legal pot.

My guess would be that this guy…

Probably would like a puff or brownie to celebrate his release from the pen.

Confident goal driven people don’t have esteem issue or a pot desire.

No time for that ■■■■■

No time to dig either.

Probably enjoys a beer or two as well! Alcohol should be illegal!

Uh-Oh…Study says…

Results: The final sample included a total of 4,840,562 persons translating into 15,705,562 person years. Medical marijuana legalization was found to be associated with a lower odds of any opioid use: OR = 0.95 (0.94-0.96), chronic opioid use: OR = 0.93 (0.91-0.95), and high-risk opioid use: OR = 0.96 (0.94-0.98). The findings were similar in both the sub-group analyses and all the sensitivity analyses. The falsification tests showed no association between medical marijuana legalization and prescriptions for antihyperlipidemics (OR = 1.00; CI 0.99-1.01) or antihypertensives (OR = 1.00; CI 0.99-1.01).

Results say…

Is it because traffickers are losing pot market?

Is it the old gateway drug argument?

The result is a clear jump up in OD fatalities.

Perhaps some LSD or ecstasy too.

My position on pot is permissive. I also don’t like the message kids will get by putting it in the same company as alcohol and tobacco especially if their parent(s) are not good role models.

That post is ridiculous.

1 Like

“Permissive”? Fines and misdemeanors?

Who are you to give “permission”? Who are you to decide who is a good role model for their kids?

Authoritarianism? From a “conservatism”? Really?