No win situation comes November

I am aware of that. It’s just that when we see polls with the independents swinging left on an issue, many of them are people, who until only a few years ago, were Democrats.

A few years back, when I’d see people talking about where the views of independents were coming out in the polls, I’d make a mental note that a lot of those independents were simply former Republicans, who became dissatisfied with their Party. This was reflected with TEA party.

Now when I see polls where independents are shifting a little more left, I think the reason is because of the increasing numbers of newly dissatisfied Democrats who left the Party because they don’t like the hard left direction they are taking.

When we saw the dissatisfaction of Republican voters it was reflected in the TEA party. We saw and heard their voices calling for change in the Republican party. A call to observe the US Constitution and a demand that their elected Republicans actually observe and follow their oaths of office.

So… where is the Democrat version of the TEA party? People like you are dissatisfied, but where is your voice on the national stage, calling for change?

There is none, or at least none that I have witnessed. It seems that it’s only silent voice will only be heard when dissatisfied dems simply don’t vote.

If the dissatisfied independents (dems), do not let their voices be heard, then their Democratic Party will just keep goose stepping further to the left

The TEA party was a joke why would we want to follow their example? They didn’t accomplish a damn thing.

Also who was the TEA party’s voice on the national stage? I thought half of their whole deal was that they didn’t have a leader riving a specific agenda

Ya know Conan, I had this same thought driving home from the airport yesterday in Chicago. As I said in a post earlier today in a different thread. Our problem as American people is that we are being shaped by political parties that simply want to vanquish the other party and claim victory over America.

I always felt that the two party system was a saving grace of our political system. That two parties kept us in check from going too far to the left or to the right from going down the snake hole of elections have consequences and now you all on the other side have seen your leaders vanquished and not you will pay (insert evil maniacal laugh here).

The fact is, that there will never be a landslide victory by one party or another. The playing field is too level to allow that to happen. However, I think where we get hurt as citizens is that the politicians strive to make this defeat of the other party their highest goal. The citizen is way down toward the end of this list of goals. Because I honestly think that republicans think that defeating democrats once and for all is what is best for the citizens…and vice-versa (vicey-versey as my grandma used to say…Honest to God she did).

So yeah…who wins? No one…who loses? All of us.

1 Like

Yeah…the rhetorical idea that our side is going to give your side a whoopin is what the major problem is with the divide in this country.

They regained the house and senate for the republicans and were able to frustrate virtually all of Obam’s legislative agenda for six years.

Fortunately those on the left don’t seem to learn much from history.

No, that would be due to the clear division that has driven people to polar opposites in the first place.

It’s the result, not the cause.

This “reality” about extremism and left wingnuta is decades old according to many of your pundits. You guys create a reality in which we are all going to fall off the cliff because dems May take congress.

I mean many on the left thought and still think that way about Trump and many of the left wing pundits predict doom and gloom when it is clear the GOP may be in control so it is fun watching you taking rhetoric and calling it reality

Your history is faulty. The tea party candidates primaried other republicans, in some cases causing a seat to go to the democrats that they would/could have won.

Turn on the news.

Who said anything about TP candidates?

The movement enabled republicans to retake both houses in successive elections and hold them for six straight years successfully frustrating nearly all of Obama’s legislative agenda.

And now trump agenda goes down the tubes.

Fund the wall. I don’t think so.

Repeal obamacare. Really. Just another 2 or 6 years of nothing getting passed by Congress.

Allan

I have. You are engaging for obvious reasons in election year rhetoric that has helped the gop in the past.

This “mob violence” aka antifa fighting the alt right is years old. Amazingly it comes to the forefront a month before yet another most important election of our lifetime

Yeah, so many in the rightwing media are talking about mobs so quickly and consistently, in lock step like chorus girls.

Now many, many rightwing forumers are talking about mobs.

At least nobody is talking about thugs or race pimps anymore.

I wonder what the next meme is that the free thinkers will conjure to repeat in unison.

1 Like

Wow Conan…you really nailed this one.

Good job dude.

Wow…so hard-up for affirmation, you had to necro a year dead thread just to pat yourself on the back for something that didn’t even happen the way you described it.

Good job, indeed, Conan. Good job! :rofl:

6 Likes

If I don’t who will?

Either way I was right…

I agree with you on the thuggish behavior. Trump exhibits this kind of behavior exclusively.

Like libs with impeachment (inquiries)?

Uh huh…you keep telling yourself that. You do it often enough, you might even believe its true. :wink:

I said back then only reason they want to take the house is to use it as political weapon…to punish Trump and his supporters.

And libs have proven me correct.

Not one single lib on this very forum advocating anything positive for American people…it’s all about revenge and personal vendettas.

And thus why libs must never again regain power.