No positive message from the Democrats

I’m not even a particularly big fan of his and he would have to personally hurt a loved one in front of me to lose my support.

You don’t have to tell us. 35% of Americans still supported Nixon the day he resigned. Trump’s support won’t drop below that until he’s long gone, when most Republicans won’t admit they ever supported him.

I don’t understand why you’d stop supporting him if he hurts your loved one.

We didn’t vote for a relative-carer-in-chief, we voted for conservative SCOTUS, 2nd amendment and the wall.

So who cares if he hurts a loved one or whoever, unless you hate to see American be made great again :confused:

So your “positive message” is

1. No rights for LBTQ citizens, or people of color
  2. Lower taxes for the rich, fewer services for everyone else
  3. Unaffordable healthcare
  4. Unaffordable education
  5. Destroy the environment and leave the mess to our grandchildren
  6. Strip voting rights for non-white citizens
  7. Do nothing about gun violence
  8. Let the government tell women what they can do
  9. Name calling and conspiracy theories are the heart of political discourse
  10. Criminality in the White House is absolutely fine.

You can disagree with the points I made, but they constitute a positive message to many Americans. What is your positive message?

I remember some positive messages last time around!

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. …They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

“I will build a great wall—and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me—and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.”

“I mean, the way our country’s run, if it doesn’t happen to be me that wins, you know what’s going to happen? They’re going to build a plant and illegals are going drive those cars right over the border. …And they’ll probably end up stealing the car.”

“[Putin] is a strong leader. What am I gonna say, he’s a weak leader? He’s making mincemeat out of our President.”

“And we won’t be using a man like Secretary Kerry … who’s just being tapped along as they make weapons right now, and then goes into a bicycle race at 72 years old, and falls and breaks his leg. I won’t be doing that. And I promise I will never be in a bicycle race. That I can tell you.”

“He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured, OK?”

“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?!”

“I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me.”

“How stupid are the people of Iowa? How stupid are the people of the country to believe this crap?”

“I would bring back waterboarding. And I’d bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding.”

“Don’t believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. The number’s probably 28, 29, as high as 35. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent.”

“Lock your doors folks, OK? Lock your doors. No, it’s a big problem … . We have our incompetent government people letting ’em in by the thousands, and who knows, who knows, maybe it’s ISIS.”

"We can’t continue to allow China to rape our country, and that’s what they’re doing.”

“I think profiling is something that we’re going to have to start thinking about as a country.”

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

“He (Obama) is the founder of ISIS. He’s the founder of ISIS, OK? He’s the founder. He founded ISIS and I would say the co-founder would be crooked Hillary Clinton.”

“Hillary Clinton is a bigot who sees people of color only as votes, not as human beings worthy of a better future.”

…so much positivity. So much more “positivity” I could post too!

3 Likes

Any particular street, or just 5th Avenue?

Seriously not literally
Fake News
Orangeman bad
Both sides
But Hillary!
Eat your peas
Policy not person

Sure you’re not. What’s it like to be so embarrassed of your own political choices you have to pretend you don’t support candidates you clearly support?

Did not vote last 2 election. I will be this round. Last time I was embarrassed about my vote was 2008.

Any street.

show me a clip of someone at the debate suggesting removing all gasoline cars.

1. Why have special rights for people you think are special? Why do you want to discriminate against certain groups of people that you don’t think are special. Why not have the same rights for everyone.
  2. Nope to pay for all you want you will tax the heck out of the middle class. Remember I have a son in law from a free health care for all country and he knows what happened. It wasn’t just the rich who pay it was all. The rich just leave.
  3. How about you pay for all those people who cant give up their latest gadget and pay for their own health care and the rest of us will pay for ourselves.
  4. How about all those lazy kids do what the rest of us did and work to pay for their education.
  5. Why do you feel the people of color can’t find the court house and register to vote? Do you think we are stupid? Remember I’m Native American and my tribe seems to be able to find the court house and we all live in a rural area and have to travel miles to register.
  6. Why do something that only effects law abiding citizens. Maybe you all need to worry more about the criminals. But no you want to give them the right to vote.
  7. Kill more babies that will fix everything for women. Why is it men are always the ones pushing for more abortions.
  8. Lets make laws about hate speech right. Maybe you all need to look in the mirror and realize that the left have been calling names for years. Now that the right is following your lead you want to call foul.
    10.You didn’t seem to have any problem with the criminal in the white house that lived there for 8 years before Trump.
    The day leftist are not out spreading hate is the day pigs will fly. What’s so positive about taxing me into the poor house to buy a few votes, killing babies, and calling the GOP criminals.

Its refreshing to see your support for same sex marriages

There are no such thing are same sex marriage. If they want to pretend their married go for it.

So you weren’t being sincere about saying there should be the same rights for everyone?

Where did I say they can’t have the same rights as everyone else. They want to pull the plug on someone they care about go for it.
As for their pretend marriages they can pretend their married all they want. But I know what a real marriage is and it is not a piece of paper that the government hands you.

How many of Trump’s marriages do you consider real?

It is in the United States

Sorry what you get from the government is of paper. In fact a if your not joined in a church what you have is a civil ceremony. More or less a civil union.

I wonder why you continue to serve up misinterpretations of the Democratic platform I offered up, but never can state what the positive Republican platform is. I’ll just take on a few of the distortions.

1. Why is it when a progressive says all people should have the same rights, conservatives distort that into the notion that some people should have special rights?
  2. There is no economic basis for confounding luxury purchases and insurance – read Sandel’s “Moral Basis of Markets” – to much to explain here.
  3. The issue is not one of finding a courthouse. The issue is one of systematically removing legitimate voters from voter roles. Again: its a matter of providing equal rights to all citizens.
  4. Why do background checks only affect law abiding citizens. People who intend to use their guns for nefarious purposes also buy guns. And, if one is a law abiding citizen, why all this fear of a system that would approve your purchase.
  5. The notion that men are the people who favor abortions is ludicrous. Why does the party that pushes abortion restrictions have so many more elected male officials than the party that supports the right to chose
  6. I didn’t say a thing about laws concerning hate speech. I talked about civility: simply having the moral compass to talk judiciously, respectfully and honestly.
  7. I see your point about George W. Bush, but I just don’t believe his criminality rises to the level of Donald Trump. Bush never paid hush money to a prostitute. Bush did not have the blatant violations of the emoluments clause that Trump has had. Bush never pressured a foreign government into investigating his enemies. Bush never accepted stolen materials from Russia and used them in his campaign. If you think Bush a criminal to a comparable degree, please make your case.

They’re looking for alternatives to combustion engines - it can only mean they intend to immediately forswear all fossil fuels and return us the Stone Age!

RISE UP TRUMP NATION! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR HUMMER!

3 Likes