No Joe Biden. We are not a “democracy”, which is a vile form of government

In your dreams. :laughing:

I do consider it to be evidence. I consider it to be evidence that we are both a republic and a democracy.

And therein lies your problem.

This part is going in circles. I’m more interested in knowing why you shun modern political science.

In reality.

Why do you shun established documents?

I have no problem. I’m not the one who disagrees with modern political science.

I don’t. Why do you shun modern political science? Why do you deny the existence of representative democracy?

Modern political science has no authority to change the Constitution.

I don’t shun it. But I am aware of its limitations, whereas you seem to think it is omnipotent.

Representative Democracy is a contradiction in terms.

It doesn’t change the Constitution. It’s already in there. Republics are, for the most part, representative democracies.

I dare say its you who thinks is omnipotent as you seem to think it has the power to change the meaning of the US Constitution. It doesn’t.

Representative Democracy is a contradiction in terms.

If you prefer you can call its by its alternative name which is indirect democracy.

It’s not even all the “modern” of political science. There were people around during the time of the founding who also used “democracy” to simply mean the rule by the people, be it direct or via representatives:

Thanks …

“…the term representative democracy is self-contradictory.”

Just as I said.

Full quote for the popcorn eaters:

I’m surprised you made bedfellows with an ardent advocate of direct democracy.

Majority rules, right? No matter how wrong they are.

Time too. Here’s the definition from Webster’s in 1892:
Democracy (de-mok’ra-sy), n. Government by the people, or by representatives chosen by the people ; a republic ; the principles of one of the American political parties. — Dem’0-crat (dgm’6-krat), n.

In 1830 it was:
DEMOCRACY, n. [Gr. ^ypoK^aria.] Government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is lodged in the hands of the people collectively, or in which the people exercise the powers of legislation

What do you think changed?

The idiotification of the majority?

You are absolutely correct about “misinformed opinion”. Perhaps the time has come to not feed a troll!

JWK

“From each according to their ability to pay, to each who needs help living a decent life.” ___ fallenturtle

1 Like

Seriously?

Arguing the OP is not trolling.

Your random desire to quote me from an unrelated post from two years ago is borderline trolling.