No convention for the dems this year

And that might be true. But the spread is ongoing and creating new records and a majority of Americans are saying that the federal response is lacking.

Which has nothing to do with those who have already had it developing immunity.

How many cases have we seen of healthy adults being reinfected after a full recovery?

Most Americans are stupid, they don’t understand that constitutionally the Federal Gov’t is limited to a a supporting role and the states are responsible for the response.

You suggested everybody test negative before being allowed to attend the convention. How are the optics going to be when 100’s of delegates test positive and can’t go to the convention.

And I agree. But that doesn’t change the perception of the federal government response to the crisis.
Trump’s numbers are going down. And he does not seem to recognize that he needs to do something different from what he is doing now.

Yet Trump is taking credit for what he has deluded himself into thinking was a great job the US did.

Assumption with no basis in fact.

If some cannot go they can be replaced with delegates that test free. Not that difficult.

So far as I see it, Trump is trying to run just like he did in 2016. He is not political savy to realize that he has to pivot to this year. He is trying to now make it a “law and order” stance. And of course he will stick with the wall deal. But he is not going to touch the obvious elephant in the room issue that is the virus.
And he is going to have to make that shift soon. But I think it will be too late to the party (pun intended).

The federal response has been excellent considering it’s been a hundred years since we had a similarly threatening pandemic.

How many deaths were attributed to Spanish Flu in the US in 1918? What was the population in 1918?

Let me save you some digging. The population was 105 million, we lost 665,000 people.

An equivalent loss this time around would be 2,090,000 deaths due to CCPV.

Right now were at about 1/17th of that number.

People will get sick, people will die, nothing we can do will prevent that but the risk of causing a depression by overreacting to it aside from the financial costs could cost us many times that number of lives as well.

Well my perspective is where I live here in the great state of Texas. And as I see it, we might have a turn on of business that might fall flat because there are a lot of folks that because of the spread will not venture out. And then no matter what the government says there will be a continued financial downturn.

1 Like

I haven’t seen that and I’m in the same state. People who can have been going on with their lives to the greatest extent possible.

It will be interesting to see how many of the GOP’s returning delegates have to quarantine themselves and how that will effect local party operations.

CNN and their always dependable “unnamed sources”.

Let’s see if any actual facts come out to support this story.

Are there any peer reviewed papers that support that assertion?

It’s a big state.

Are those sources of similar merit to Fox News’s “some people have said”?

I’ll bet libs will not have ANY debates either cuz Joe would really come across as an idiot and they know it.

Yeah there is no excitement for joe. But also little hate.

The best trump can come up with is “sleepy” joe.

But of course you are wrong about the debates.

He will show up for all three scheduled debates.

He didn’t miss any of the primary debates did he?

He did not miss any of the VP debates did he.

He won’t miss the debates.

And it’s not debatable.

Allan

maybe the prosecutions will begin early…

Wasn’t there discussion previously from the Trump side about whether there was a need to have any debates at all?

Trump ran in 2000. Withdrew.

One for two.