No Bribery? Articles of Impeachment Drafted

You should wait until after the vote next week for the victory lap.

We have been programmed to think Pelosi never loses a vote…I have been taught that there is a first time for everything and never count those chicks before they hatch.

:hatching_chick:

1 Like

Are you saying the impeachment vote will fail? :joy:

Do you also believe Trump’s phone call was “perfect”? :joy:

Do you consider the behavior in the video as following US Constitutional law?

I find it to be an act of lawlessness and contempt for our laws.

What am I missing?

:desert_island:

I don’t know why she changed her mind, she was correct in her analogy and she has been in politics a long time and sat through the Clinton impeachment.

Not sure guess will see if it bears the political fruits the democrats are hoping it will.

I am saying it will be much closer than you think and could fall short.

There is a lot about this process and balance of power that has people who don’t like Trump very concerned.

What am I missing?

:desert_island:

Because the evidence was clear, compelling and overwhelming.

If they did not impeach they would essentially be saying that it’s ok for a president to pressure foreign governments to interfere with US elections and investigate political opponents.

She is on the right side of history.

2 Likes

That he will be impeached. :joy:

1 Like

I don’t believe she did change her mind. I believe she does think it is important for the case to be overwhelming and compelling (it is) and that it is important for there to be bipartisan support (there is not.)

However, the latter is completely out of her control. She cannot force the GOP to suddenly honor their oaths of office, support the rule of law and defend the Constitution and the awesome power they have been granted. She cannot force them to place the country ahead of the leader of their party. She cannot force them to do what is right. It is not her role to force the GOP to not engage in partisan politicking here, for some short term shot at retention of power, so as to not anger the very vocal, yet very minority, base of the President.

The vote will be 232-195. (Duncan Hunter not allowed to vote)

Allan

The fact the president from the Ukraine said it didn’t happen is enough to take the overwhelmingly part out. I can see where a fruitcake like AOC would think this is enough for impeachment and while I am not a fan of Pelosi I am surprised because Pelosi has been pretty steadfast in her position. The mueller investigation had more beef to it than the Ukraine fiasco.

As long as he isn’t on a committee listening to impeachment testimony and also hanging out with indicted individuals searching for dirt on a political opponent, I think he’ll be okay.

Her words “ “Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country,”

She was a 100% correct and I understand you feel it’s overwhelming but close to half the population doesn’t feel that way at a time when people I am assuming like you and I would love to see some positive bills take effect and move forward. What I am worried about is impeachment is going to become the political norm to go after a sitting president and their money prominent people warning of the same thing.

We have allowed this country to become so divided that nothing will get done ever the GOP did it with Obama and the democrats have went nuclear on Trump it doesn’t look like a rosy future ahead.

1 Like

No one forced Trump to extort the Ukrainian leader nor to then stonewall Congress when they rightly started asking questions about what happened. This is all of Trump’s own doing.

The reason it’s not bipartisan is because it never can- no matter what the circumstances. The GOP has decided to abregate their power because they fear the wrath of the Base.

If ever their was a case that called for impeachment this is it. The founders were very clear about making sure foreign influence should not taint our electoral process. From Hamilton…

“The desire [of] foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our counsels” was a source of corruption and “one of the most deadly adversaries of republican government.”

3 Likes

The Ukraine leader said that never happened are we to just dismiss what the victim says.

1 Like

You just described the MSM.

Congress has chosen not to take the time to hash it out in court. Their rush to impeach is your loss.

That is still to be determined. The left’s evidence is weak.

1 Like

Dems hold a lead…so more like 54 46

What never happened?

If a bank says the bank robber was unsuccessful, should we no longer arrest the bank robber?

So Mulvaney lied? Why was it held up?