Nike Sales Surge 31% after putting Kapernick in their ads!

Because ‘Should’ is an interesting word.

Do I want the police our murdering people? No.
Do I think that is a systemic problem we have? No.
Do I think we who do not have all the facts need to be Monday morning quarterbacking these incidents? No.

No…just the ones that execute a person based on their skin color…
Want to try again…

Have any specific examples?

Either your new to our planet…
Been in a coma for 100 years…
Sincerely ignorant (meaning you dont know any better)
Conscientiously stupid (meaning you know but dont care)

Bring up some specific examples and we can discuss them

That has always been the law and the trust we place in LEO.

Nothing has changed.

There are incidents of police shooting too quick or recklessly. I agree with this.

Making a complex situation into a skin color argument is not only unfair and unwise, it displays an elemental misunderstanding of the work law enforcement does every day.

Nothing has changed beyond the media hysterics and mob mentality that draws attention to a manufactured systemic issue from an anomalous breakdown of trust and judgment by LEO.

Tons…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/21/fla-police-shoot-black-man-with-his-hands-up-as-he-tries-to-help-autistic-patient/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e84bebfaec3d

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/08/28/she-fatally-shot-an-unarmed-black-man-now-shes-teaching-other-cops-how-to-survive-such-incidents/?utm_term=.864a6301126f

This.

Very well said.

1 Like

This is from 1974…even in jest Richard Pryor explains how police brutality against blacks have been portrayed…
And this was before camera’s or smartphones…:man_facepalming:t5:

For you guys to downplay this and not realize that there is a problem shows how ‘privileged’ you are…

First example: Officer charged with murder.
Second example: Officer charged with murder.
Third examples: Officer charged with Attempted manslaughter.
Fourth example: Officer charged with manslaughter, tried and found not guilty by a jury.

In all of those examples the officers involved are facing consequences for their actions. If it was a systemic problem they would not be facing any consequences.

Mmm hmmm. sure. go with that. :roll_eyes:

Oh wow…
Moved the goal post I see…
So I guess being black and shot means that an officer will face consequences…
But why is this happening so much???:thinking:

Nope

As they should if the shooting was not justified. Shoo you disagree?

Good question. Let’s discuss it. What do you think the problem is? What percentage of the shootings are justified vs how many are not?

Video evidence? I’ve got one too.

Funny…
you dont get the joke do you…

Prior was a good example of success and his comedy holds up well.

This bit does nothing to disprove the fact that the law has been equal for many decades and bad cops do get punished. Your issue appears to have more merit against judges and lawyers than PD, yet the cops appear to be the target of mob angst. Why is that?

I thought this is what the ACLU and NAACP were for? Conduits to address issues of unequal application of the law.

Only in your own imagination.

Serena Williams showed us how privileged she was by bullying a line judge and her victorious opponent into apologizing for a victory she full well earned in every way.

Privileged is colorless and all about connectedness.