Nick Sandmann has got another payday coming

USAtoday won their case against Sandmann yesterday.

Allan

So does this mean the only out of court settlement was with NBC?

Lots of crows cawing this morning. Looks like team Snake ■■■■ finally got a break. :rofl:

Nick Sandmann should cut his losses and use what is left of his out of court settlement to educate himself and find some purpose in life; perhaps relocate.
I wouldn’t waste my time playing Don Quixotic legal battles. The lawyers will bleed him broke.

3 Likes

Just a weird story all the way around.

Definitely shows how desperate media is for content - a viral video becoming national news without vetting it fully is dumb.

But why was there that staring contest in the first place?

I don’t think Sandmann even knew what was happening at the time, he was a HS kid at the time.
Phillips was just beating his drum and doing a tribal chant. Not much staring there.
The whole deal is weird

1 Like

i agree young and dumb. he was just a dupe for the media.

Allan

Agreed, I admit I was taken in at first and went along with the story.

My biggest takeaway was don’t let students wear politcal themed clothes on class trips. If he didn’t have that hat on it’s not a story.

Thats a fair comment. I went to school in England where we had a uniform and strict dress code and this was not a private school. Then again I went to a catholic public school which I know is a big no no here.

When my sons school here tried to introduce a dress code I was a bit shocked at the opposition from some parents, weird argument’s about it being unconstitutional and dress is a protected right under the first amendment.

Another video that surfaced days later provided additional context for the encounter, but the first video had gone viral, touching off widespread controversy as photos of the teenager and the red Make America Great Again hat he was wearing spread across social media.

In the second video, a group of black men who identified as members of the Black Hebrew Israelites were seen taunting the students from Covington Catholic High School with disparaging language and shouting racist slurs at participants in the Indigenous Peoples Rally and other passersby.

Sandmann at the time strongly denied accusations against him, saying he had been trying to “defuse the situation” by “remaining motionless and calm.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/07/media/cnn-settles-lawsuit-viral-video/index.html

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::roll_eyes::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::roll_eyes:

Typical.

If he hadn’t of had that trump hat on it wouldn’t have happened.

Right up there with……

If that woman hadn’t worn that short skirt she wouldn’t have been raped.

You guys are truly pathetic.

1 Like

I think they’re saying that if he hadn’t had that hat on, it wouldn’t have been a news story. If so, I agree with that.

Media has more TDS than many of the libs on this board.

1 Like

In your rage, you are misreading my post.

LOL.

So we are back to that rerun.

You lefties have a really small playbook.

I guess you think women shouldn’t wear short skirts in public.

2 Likes

She was wearing a miniskirt!

1 Like

of course this NOT about the clothing. every wears hats these days.

but a specific type of hat that is red meat for journalists.

and a native… the perfect storm. throw in some cultists and we have a real story.

or so it seemed.

Allan

And that is saying something!!!