Next potential target for Trump's tariffs: the Bible

It’s rather a stretch of language to denote the Bible as the target of Trump’s tarriffs.

I came here to say that. The tariff is on all books, not just the Bible. On the bright side with the cut to educational funding and the increased cost of printed books from China, it makes you wonder what impact this might have on schools.

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Compared to what? How is this measured?

Most Christians read their Bibles.

Are you sure you understand that post?

Yet they seem surprised by so much of it. Odd. Maybe they spend all their time reading the same few books?

I’m regularly quite surprised at what you think is in it.

I’ve only quoted verses for you. Were you unaware of the Bible’s rule for how to enslave a Jewish man permanently?

You might be confusing the Bible with The Wizard of Oz. Your Bible seems to be full of straw men.

KJV Exodus 21:6

There you go.

If you keep the verse you mentioned in context, the servant is asking to be part of the family or being adopted by them. He is not being forced to be a permanent servant or slave.

(Exo 21:5)
And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

(Exo 21:6)
Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

Borgia-dude found the straw man again. Wizard of Oz. Sigh!

I though you believed in the separation of church and state. Religious hobby horses in the religion board, and political hpbby horses in the politics board.

Read the rest. If the master gave him a wife during his slavery, the Hebrew slave has to choose at the end of his term. If he chooses freedom, he has to leave without his wife and children. They remain as slaves for life. If he chooses to remain with his wife and children, he becomes a save for life.

Funny you left the details of that choice out. Either you did it on purpose or you didn’t know it was in the Bible (the preceding berses to be exact).

So, does that seem like a fair choice for a family man?

You aren’t aware of the preceding verses? You betray your ignorance of the Bible yet again. Here is the whole from KJV:

So if you are a good father, you might want to stay with your kids and wife but remain a slave for life. Good deal, right?

You seem confused. A debate forum politics board is not the state.

If you know the conditions appertaining to a seven year contract you enter into to cancel your
debts - If you do such and such while under contract, these will be the consequences - when you do that such and such, you are choosing to receive the consequences stipulated. But contracts are made to be broken, right? You don’t believe in the rule of law? You don’t believe in people taking responsibility for and receiving consequences for their actions?

LOL. We are talking about permanent slavery for the man who decides to stay with his wife and kids.

This is the slavery you consider 100% moral.

Why did the curtain in the temple tear when Jesus died?