New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

A particularly crass comment that is exacerbated given it is ANZAC Day today commemorated throughout Australia and New Zealand. Also, commemorated with dawn services ANZAC Cove, Turkey and Villers-Bretonneux, France.

Obviously you don’t.

And accurate.

It is a vile, crass and INACCURATE comment.

50 New Zealanders weren’t murdered by an Australian?

Your the one that doesn’t.

You’re. A contraction of “you are”.
Explain it to me then.

You wouldn’t understand.

I said that not wanting gun control because of the constitution is fine, but claiming that the lack of gun control doesn’t have negative effects, while simultaneously dismissing any research, is a bad faith argument.

There are far more violent acts deterred than committed.

1 Like

:rofl: yeah, I didn’t think so.

You can’t come to such a conclusion while simultaneously not being interested in conducting actual studies on the subject and adjusting your opinion based on critical analysis of the results. Otherwise, it’s either blind faith, willful ignorance or an emotional position.

Conservatives typically form an opinion first and then reject any evidence to the contrary. Tradition and faith over science and progress.

It beggars belief that some seemingly don’t want to try through all possible means to find solutions to te almost 40,000 gun related deaths in the USA in 2018.

… regarding enumeration of the population for the purpose of representation in Congress.

You are misrepresenting that clause as badly as you do the “well regulated” phrase in the 2nd. If you can’t be intellectually honest, you shouldn’t be posting.

The problem with that is that I never made such a claim.

Gosh, you guys are still celebrating the biggest defeat you ever incurred on the battlefield? Amazing!

But that aside, what does it have to do with the comment? We’re not 50 or so New Zealanders murdered by an Australian?

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Your (sic) precious. :blush:

The reason for the militia was that at the time the founders did not have or want a standing army, so the reason for gun ownership was so they could form the militia if it was needed. Well we now have a standing army so there is no need for individual gun ownership unless you are in the military.

But I didn’t, you did. Actual studies have been done since arms were first invented. It is one of the most studied topics on the planet. You just don’t like the results.

And the truth be told, you and your ilk do not begin to understand this topic enough to even make for an interesting discussion.

Your arguments are strictly fear-based, an emotion.

You want to debate it? Let’s. We can start here?

What law would prevent any one of these shootings?

Do you understand the concept of prior restraint? Is it allowed by the Constitution?

Do you understand who is responsible for protecting you and yours?

1 Like

There weren’t any “gun-related” deaths, much less 40k.