New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

Just a small correction kermode, it in the Indian Ocean

Point number one they are two separate parties with the exception of Queensland. Even in Queensland they are aligned to either the Libs or the Nats.

Point number two the senator who was egged is a vile racist

Point number three the party that tried to get in bed with the NRA is a party with racist policies and alongside the senator who was egged and others of similar ilk should be preferenced in the last positions

Point number four since you mentioned eggboy. He was not charged with any offence and the gofundme page raised over $80,000 for the victims of the terrorist attack.

Point number five neither I nor any other Australian has the right to own a gun; that supposed right is a fiction.

It is something that was plucked out of the ether by a group of men . Nothing more than that.

What’s your point?

That’s like saying the Bible is just a bunch of stories made up by some anonymous old men.

The fact that you live in a country whose founders never produced such an outstanding document is nothing to brag about.

Did any of them own slaves?

Nigh on 40,000 gun related deaths in 2018 in the USA indicates it is NOT the success you assert. Far from it.

Are you that freaking desperate? :roll_eyes:

What do you care? You don’t live here. Besides, everyone dies from something.

It speaks directly to the fallibility of the authors. It shows that there is no infallibility of the “rights” contained within your constitution.

Basic human decency.

Does nobody die in Australia?

No it doesn’t; not even remotely. But if you want to go that route, it was the English who established slavery in the American colonies and Australia was founded by criminals. It’s not where you come from, but where you go that matters. And in spite of your feeble attempt to diminish our Constitution, it is one of the finest examples of a doctrine for freedom and human rights this world has ever seen.

1 Like

They did die in 1996 at Port Arthur. That is why we changed our gun laws. One could ask “Why them and not us”.

So you think it is perfectly reasonable about 580,000 students are not able to attend schools and colleges because of the possibility an 18 year old was going to try to emulate the Columbine High School?

It is not I that is attempting to diminish your constitution. Almost 40,000 gun related deaths in 2018 speaks eloquently that unfettered gun laws is not working and needs to be changed.

So nobody in Australia has died in malice since 1996? Wow!

And nobody in this country is not going to school because there is a possibility they might be shot. There is a several orders of magnitude greater chance they will die in a traffic accident on the way to or from school than to be shot while in school. Your desperation is getting the best of you.

Of course you are. You were quite clear about that.

I bet you have never looked at the details behind those 40,000 so-called gun deaths, have you. You make it sound like they are all innocent people mowed down by wackos with semiautomatic military style rifles. If that’s what you actually believe, you are very very wrong.

I have never said nor would I ever say that our gun laws will prevent all murders (including a murder using a gun). It is a nonsense to suggest i did. Are you denying that recently there was an incident where something in the order of 580,000 students (as reported on Fox News) did not attend schools and/or colleges because of the possibility an 18 year may attempt a mass shooting?

Quite clearly a fallacious assertion by you. Included in the almost 40,000 gun related deaths are accidental shootings and suicides.

Our gun laws have worked; quite clearly and demonstrably the USA gun laws are not working.

There will be less murders.