New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

Also, don’t forget the number of accidental deaths and suicides.

How many people are shot and die if the person doing the shooting doesn’t have access to a gun? ZERO is the answer.

That’s what I said … not one iota of difference between your two major parties as far as personal freedom is concerned.

1 Like

Of course it is. We have a Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms and they don’t.

How many fall off (either intentionally or accidentally) if there are no tall buildings? How many are bludgeoned with cricket bats if there are no cricket bats? How many are killed with spears or swords if there are no spears or swords? Your argument is ridiculous and sophomoric.

2 Likes

Which are the two major political parties you refer to? No personal freedoms are lost because of our gun laws. It is delusional, extremely misguided and completely wrong to think otherwise.

A right plucked from the ether by a bunch of men who CLEARLY DID NOT have the insight to see the disastrous results of making up this “right”.

Your attempt to refute the fact that the presence of guns is DIRECTLY responsible for the gun deaths in the USA failed miserably.

Are you saying that you don’t know? That would be the Australian Labor Party and the Liberal/National Coalition. There is not one thin dimes worth (if you don’t know what a dime is, look it up) of difference between them; they both want to control every aspect of your life, including how you protect it.

And that Party you keep harping about getting in bed with the NRA … how many seats do they hold? Two? Yeah, they are a real threat to the flock. :roll_eyes:

They did not make up the right, they knew they had to protect the rights the people already had from being taken arbitrarly by the government and by people like you, because they had the insight to know that if they did not that the rights would be taken from us. Australia and New Zealand proves them right.

Nonetheless, our rght to keep and bear arms is protected by our Constitution and that is why your gun laws won’t work in our country. Period!

A coalition in and of itself cannot be a SINGLE party. You are so far removed from reality that it isn’t funny if you think that the current Australian government is the same as the ALP.

And automobiles are directly responsible for automobile deaths and airplanes are directly responsible for airplane deaths. Without automobiles nobody would die in a car crash and without airplanes nobody would die in a plane crash. Shall I go on?

Your “without guns there would be no gun related deaths” is a ridiculous, juvenile argument, not even worthy of a first year philosophy student.

I’ve been to Christmas Island (Central Pacific) four times.
There are zero guns there.
The people seem to like that.

Give it a rest. You are not convincing anyone. It doesn’t matter how many parties make up the coalition, they act as one party in your Parliament. And as far as the topic we are discussing, they are exactly the same as the ALP. The only politicians in Australia who will stand up for your freedoms (even though you clearly do not want them) are a minuscule minority, and you want to see them silenced (yay egg boy!) The sheep don’t have to worry about a single thing …

There’s nothing there to shoot. :wink:

Back to personal insults as usual. Aeroplanes and cars are necessary for a functioning society.

As do the overwhelming number of Australians who support our gun laws.

I insulted your argument, not you. I would have thought you were smart enough to know the difference.

Need has nothing to do with rights. Rights exist whether you ever exercise them or not. I would have thought you were smart enough to know that too.

1 Like

Yes. Personally I think a scoped 22 for land crabs would be fun.
Christmas Islanders decided crabs and other Christmas Islanders are off-limits.

And the sheep go wherever the dog drives them.

2 Likes