New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

It is.

There are two.
Look up Kirimati.

Thanks kermode for clarifying. Christmas Island is a territory of Australia. That was the one I thought you were referring to. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

You’re welcome.
Understandable you thought of your Christmas Island. It’s much more famous for their land crabs. :slight_smile:

In this country, that’s called “moving the goal posts.”

Where were the goalposts originally?

What is fallacious about the facts that clearly show of the approximately 40,000 people who die of gunshot in the US every year that very few die from being shot with AR style guns and would almost certainly still have been shot had AR style guns been unavailable to the shooter? Perhaps you think that if they can’t get one of those scary black guns, they will give up and not shoot anyone. How naive, if that’s the case.

Guns don’t commit murders.

Guns make it easier to commit murders. Much easier.

Well, other than the fact that we know the name of each and every individual who contributed to the writing of the Constitution and we know each man’s reasoning behind his input to the document, you are right.

No they don’t. Murders have been committed with impunity long before guns were invented.

Which has nothing to do with making murder easier.

Did not say “possible” / did not say “with impunity” - goalposts moved

Have you read the thread?

Yes. Where do you think the goalposts were originally? That all murders would stop?

Which does not change the fact that guns make murder easier.

If guns don’t make murder easier, then why does our military use them? Why don’t they use whatever was used before guns were invented? This answer should be fantastic.

No. Quite the contrary. That’s why I said he moved them.

Most people who are killed in wars do not die of gunshots.

The point is, guns are not needed to commit murders and never have been. It is no coincidence that the largest mass murders in the history of this country (including the largest school mass murder) were not committed with guns.

1 Like

Okay. What does that have to do with our military using guns instead of not using guns?

I’l ask again - If guns don’t make murder easier, then why does our military use them? Why don’t they use whatever was used before guns were invented?