New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

If you think that the Liberal/National Party coalition is the same as the Labor Party you have my sincerest sympathy.

Confiscating certain guns (the scary black ones are mentioned as targets most often) from law abiding people won’t fix the problem. Confiscating ALL guns won’t stop people from killing other people. It’s a fools game.

Like peas in a pod as far as the sheep are concerned.

And I neither want nor need your sympathy.

And you misspelled facetious. :wink:

Samm I note you singularly and spectacularly ignored the fact that no student nor parent should have an expectation that it is not if but when that there will be a mass shooting at the school a student attends. That is not the norm in Australia and I fail to see why it should be accepted as the norm in the USA.

1 Like

Nonetheless you have my sincerest sympathy if you think the LNP is the same as the ALP.

Who?

Again no we don’t.

Must not have that in Australia.

Why do you hate the NRA?

Yes, because Dems support confiscation under the guise of (and laughably named) “gun buyback” which happens to be mandatory. It’s just seizure.

What’s the population of Australia compared to the US? Did Australia have anything remotely similar to the 2nd Amendment? Do you not see the differences between Australia and the US? How would you enforce anything in the US similar to Australia?

You seem to think you have all the answers…

The guy who doesn’t want anyone to even manufacture firearms in the US anymore, regardless of their purpose. At least according to his latest tweet.

Please provide the post where I claimed to “know all the answers”.

M_S in my opinion the US gun laws need to be changed; how that should be put in practice is up to others.

So far as I know both are populated by human beings.

Why do they need to be changed? How will that effect you?

Well you said they need to change. To what extent? You know better than anyone in the US apparently…

I would not use the word hate. However, the exchange between the NRA and people associated with a certain Australian political party was reprehensible.

What is the per capita gun death rates for Australia and the USA?

M_S since you are so interested I have provided some links for you of organisations that are involved in the dialogue. These links will allow you to research further for the answers to the queries you posed.

https://marchforourlives.com/mission-statement/

https://npalliance.org/gun-violence-prevention/