New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

Perhaps not you, I don’t really know, but enough people are trying to require others to be vigilant against their efforts.

If it’s obvious you ought to be able to confirm that.

I’ll ask again … what did they say?

And I will tell you again that if you wish to refute my comments, provide evidence that supports your assertion.

So what? His place of birth, Australia, is his homeland. That’s a fact.

What is an indisputable fact is that he could sit in the Australian House of Reps or Senate. Nor can he vote in our election as he is NOT an Australian citizen; he is a foreign national.

None of that matters. You gave up your freedom twenty years ago. It ain’t coming back no matter who you vote for. Baaa

So what and who cares (besides you that is)? That doesn’t mean that he cannot defend his interests (which are many) in Australia by being involved politically just like every other business owner.

Completely ignorant and wilfully misleading of Australian society and legislative processes.

There are none so blind as those that will not see. Your freedom is what your government allows you to have and you are so indoctrinated that you don’t see it so you still believe that elections will bring change. Baaaa

No, not me.
I’ve actively fought against my state’s recent (and poorly thought out) new gun control laws.

Samm unlike the acolytes of D Trump because you repeat something untrue umpteen times does not miraculously make it true nor does it convince me. Simply because you can’t see the success of our gun laws that is in stark contrast to the utter failure of the USA gun laws does not validate your view of Australia’s gun laws.

Sorry for the mix up. It was sounding to me that you were on “their” side in this thread.

That must be very uncomfortable to Samm. There he was thinking I had influenced you kermode.

Don’t forget to apologise to me as well; you maligned me as well.

I was already aware of kermode’s views.

Trump has nothing to do with this. And I never said your laws were not a success. They did exactly what your masters intended them to do … disarm the sheep, just in case they wake up one day. Yep, it’s been a wild success.

In what way did I malign you?

Your irrational fear of government is quite disturbing and inexplicable. I dislike intensely the current LNP government but I do not fear them. I know that with my fellow Australians we have the power to vote out that government and in fact we will in a matter of 5 weeks and one day.

IMO that’s because I was acknowledging what “they” have to say and want to better understand why they feel that way.

I thought we already cleared up your confusion on this. We don’t live in fear of our government because we have a Constitution that restrains the power of the government. If anything, our government fears us, which would explain why they are always looking for ways around the Constitution.

Find it amusing that you keep bringing up your pending election as though it makes any difference. Australians have the power to vote, but the new boss is just like the old boss. Regardless of how you vote, the government owns you.

I would expect that one of the prime motivations for students and parents is that they quite reasonably expect that it should not be the norm that kids are shot and killed at school on a regular basis.