New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

Not to mention Matthew Quigley.

I’ve been hearing that for several, it’s not trending your way.

How influential was the NRA in the 2018 mid-terms?

Trump might be otherwise occupied dealing with future wikileaks disclosures.

Fox News commentariat may need to do another flip flop (and I am not talking about thongs here) when damaging information to Trump is dumped.

No more than in any other election. Which is not nearly as much as you think.

You keep hanging on to that; it will work out the same as for S Morrison.

What exactly did they say that makes you think that? I said, they are a US organization and they are using your (and now NZ’s) draconian gun laws as a focus for Fund raising here in the US. They may have said that they have a problem with your gun laws, meaning that they don’t like them, but they (the laws) absolutely are not causing the NRA a problem. In exactly the same manner that the election of Obama and the threat of Hillary being elected was extremely good for gun and ammunition sales, the occurrence of anti-gun activities by governments, wherever they happen, are very good for fund raising campaigns.

He could try for a million years and it will not touch our stone.

Nope. He is an Australian by birth and always will be, regardless of what his passport says.

We were talking about your repeated futile attempts to influence US law, not posting different viewpoints. Keeping your replies in context with the posts would be helpful to continuity of the conversation.

But to your off topic comment … it is an open forum and opposing views are welcome. But respect must be earned. So far, you are sorely lacking on that achievement. And yes, I am aware that the feeling is mutual, so you can save your witty reply.

It is you who is confused. It is not we who fear our government, it is the government who fears us. That is why there are some, primarily liberal Democrats, who are constantly trying to suppress our right to resist them. They are afraid that they may lose power and thus control of the people.

And your pending election doesn’t mean ■■■■ to us, and for that matter, it doesn’t mean ■■■■ to you either. It doesn’t matter who you vote for, you are already suppressed (baaa) and will remain so regardless of which candidates are elected or which Party is in power.

Would that include children born in the US to illegal aliens?

You are welcome to your opinion, but I call ‘em as I see ‘em. Australia used to be a man’s man county. Now it is a nation of sheep. Sad.

Don’t flatter yourself. I counter your opinions because they are so far off base, not because I think you pose a threat to anyone other than yourself.

That should have told you something. The harder you try, the more people who value their rights resist your efforts. If you really want to make appropriate changes to our gun laws, you are going to have to listen to us and work with us instead of going at us emotionally and irrationally in full attack mode.

You think I’m trying to impose more gun control laws? That’s hilarious.

The fundraising obviously isn’t working too well given the NRA’s own reported financial difficulties.

What the NRA officials said about Australia’s (non-draconian) gun laws runs counter to your assertion.

He is an American citizen. Facts do matter. You may think it is okay for D Trump to claim his father was born in Germany; the facts say otherwise.

Let me combine this post of yours and your previous post quoted below:

"We were talking about your repeated futile attempts to influence US law, not posting different viewpoints. Keeping your replies in context with the posts would be helpful to continuity of the conversation.

But to your off topic comment … it is an open forum and opposing views are welcome. But respect must be earned. So far, you are sorely lacking on that achievement. And yes, I am aware that the feeling is mutual, so you can save your witty reply."

You delude yourself if you think that I am attempting to influence US law on this forum. It is amazing that you don’t understand the make-up of the posters on this forum. With respect to influencing your gun laws I will leave that to David Hogg and others in the March for our lives movement. I will leave it to Moms (sic) demand action movement and the medical staff who treat gun shot victims every daily to demand action on your gun laws.

You would be closer to the black hole that has been shown recently than you are to your description of my feelings towards Australia’s federal election on 18th May, 2019. I care passionately that we get rid of the RWNJs and flatearthers in the Liberal Party. I care passionately that we will elect the Labor Party that is committed to taking action on climate change.

I care passionately that we elect a Labor Party that is committed to universal health care for all. I care passionately that the Labor Party wins the election so that they will provide financial support for those suffering from cancer. I care passionately that the Labor Party wins the federal election to ensure that our National Disability Insurance Scheme is adequately supported in money and people. I care passionately that the Labor Party win the federal election that the less fortunate in our society are cared for and education is available for all and not based on socio-economic standing.

Illogic alive and well in that post. The ones that HAVE and WILL continue to influence the shape of the USA’s gun laws will be David Hogg and the others within the March for our Lives movement; the Moms (sic) demand action movement; and the doctors, nurses and ancillary staff that treat gun shot victims every day.

Additionally the parents of those victims will be influential to the shaping of the gun laws in the USA. Their power and influence those parents are exerting is evident when Matt Gaetz attempted to get Manuel Oliver (father of Joaquin Oliver who was shot and killed at MSD High School last year) and another parent whose child had been shot and killed ejected from a hearing on background checks

Sorry kermode you appear to be “guilty by association”.