New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

His post was neither.

I was wondering who was going to be the first to make this(^) erroneous comment.

There is nothing erroneous about it. Thank you for the recognition.

Never let a good tragedy stop you from punishing the common folk. Power to the people (in charge of us)!

4 Likes

Your last sentence makes me question the validity of your first. You’ve already been shown to be wholly ignorant of New Zealand’s laws and rights.

But please indulge me - what about New Zealand makes it a “terrible place”? Having only spent a few very captivating weeks there, I came away with something of a different impression, so am eager to hear what an expert such as yourself thinks.

World Wide gun FACTS

1929 the SOVIET UNION established gun control. From 1929 to 1953 about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

TURKEY established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

GERMANY established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

CHINA established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

GUATAMALA established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

CAMBODIA established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, 1 Million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

UGANDA established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

DEFENSELESS people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 MILLION

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED! (They bombed Pearl Harbor and waged war against us fighting in the Pacific and not on our homeland)

SWITZERLAND issues every household a gun! The Government
TRAINS every adult they issue a rifle and they have the
LOWEST gun related crime rate of ANY civilized country in the world.

The UNITED STATES is 3rd in murders throughout the World.

But if you take OUT Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C. and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom for murders. These 4 cities also have the toughest gun control laws in the United States, and are all controlled by Democrats.

AUSTRALIA In the 1996 buyback program, Australians sold 640,000 prohibited firearms to the government, and voluntarily surrendered about 60,000 non-prohibited firearms

Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,
Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent;
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria…alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!)

2 Likes

But, “shall not be infringed” does not mean shall not be untouched. They can be regulated.

You get to impose yours? That makes no sense either way. Laws can be changed.

Link for all this stuff. From the NRA perhaps. :wink:

A lot of it taken out of context. :rofl:

Correlation IS NOT causation.

Try thinking for yourself.

Where was the 2nd when Japanese/Americans were put into internment camps?

1 Like

They wont have a bill of rights that guarantees the right to keep and bear arms. Its kinda simple.

1 Like

Got a link…i always thought that when we used facts there was supposed to be a citation. I googled worldwide gun facts…and could not find this information anywhere

3 Likes

That’s a party line. We are no more bloodthirsty than anyone else. That’s a line democrats use to scare people. The fact is we have the right to own firearms. That is all.

1 Like

In a modern, civilized society it’s just not that important. Now, those still living in the 18th and early 19th, they don’t get it.

Sorry nope.

Gunhuggers are some of THE most paranoid and wimpy people I’ve seen. Scared of their own shadow.

If you think you need a gun to be free in America than you need psych help.

You see it here all the time. Like they’re sneaking around in the shadows, afraid to come into the light.

He wasn’t even a citizen and the gun he used was already illegal so exactly what change in law could have prevented this shooting? How about barring Aussies from visiting or migrating to NZ?

The ones sneaking around in the shadows are the gun haters They are afraid to come right out and say we want all guns banned. These people are the most paranoid and wimpy people I have ever seen
If you have faith that your government will never come after you than you are living in fairy land.
Lets say that the government decides that the internet is the reason that all these people are becoming radicalized. And they pass a law that everyone has to turn in their cell phones and computers. If not you will be charged with a felony and jailed. Would you like a good little person turn in every phone and computer and go back to only land lines and tv. Or would you disobey the law and keep your phone and computer and fight the law because it is unconstitutional and against the first amendment.
If you give up one constitutional right they will soon come after the next one. There are already whisperings of making laws against hate speech. And you will go along and cheer on these laws until they come after your own sides hate speech.

Typical falsehoods and false equivalencies by the gun lovers.

The only whisperings are by you people creating your own rumors. You guys create your own vicious circle then blame others.

Go spread your falsehoods elsewhere.