New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

Apparently New Zealand doesn’t want to become the next United States.

2 Likes

They provide the excuse for knee jerk reactions that don’t address the problem.

Yes societies like yours where you entrust the goverment to protect you from your follow man, neighber and local townsfolk.

People have no concept of what it means to be free…they talk about it but don’t want the responsibility.

Did you? The 2nd Amendment has been law since 1789.

Freedom from.

If you wish to make the country Europe, then the easier thing to do is move to Europe. We like this one the way it is, with all it’s imperfections.
Oh and that imperfect constitution, we like that also.

We have a different view of what freedom is.

Do you support Trump’s attempt to circumvent the Constitution you seem to like so much, through his National Emergency declaration? You know, trying to steal the power of appropriations from the Legislative Branch and all? Or do you only like the Constitution in certain situations?

So you are happy that we lead

So you are happy that we lead the world in mass shootings and gun deaths? You don’t want to make that better?

Gun worshippers have been conned by a for-profit enterprise.

It’s that simple.

What a shame. Between the for profit worship of guns, the for profit fake conservative movement and electing donald trump, we’re driving ourselves to be idiots.

1 Like

Because criminals don’t follow laws, so you just hurt the law abiding … I think Honduras passed a bunch of gun laws in 2007,and look a them now. Crime capital of the world with refugees running away…

It’s not the suicides. I am talking about the FBI statistics, 99% of all gun murders not suicides are not mass shootings. There mostly taking place in certain cities with gangbangers and criminals.

These school shootings and the shooting in NZ are the fringe here, compared to other murders committed by guns.

I’ll give you and example, a typical year in just one of America’s cities, yet no one cares it hardly makes the local news. We have had more coverage of the New Zealand killings than all of the US. inner city killings this year. Why is that?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-sun-investigates-homicides-20190102-story,amp.html

Great post! You really nailed that one! Congratulations!

I beg to differ. “Freedom from” is the one that leads to unpleasant types of freedoms.

You’re wrong of course, but I’m listening.

Hold up. How does that strategy achiebe that goal? If I want to make America more like Europe, then what does moving to Europe do to accomplish that goal?

The good freedom is “freedom to” because you are free to…

• Say what you want.
  • Buy and use a gun.
  • Forgo health insurance.

“Freedom from” constitutes the seconf half of FDR’s Four Freedoms. “Freedom from” gets you freedom from…

• Being offended.
  • The presence of guns in your community.
  • Being insulted.

Ah, we’re on the same page. You’re just confused.

Freedom from is freedom from government intrusion beyond what is delegated in the Constitution.

Your “freedom to” list is actually liberty to. Permission.

I have no interest in government “giving” me the liberty to do anything.

Read the thread title and get back to us on that.

“Somebody did something bad with a gun, the solution? Everyone else give up there’s and the gov’t will protect you”.

The gov’t did a bang up job of protecting the Muslims in this case didn’t it?