New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

Start by grabbing the illegal ones were the majority of gun murders are taking place.

Because we have a Second Amendment that our Founding Fathers created for the American people and they don’t.

That’s the problem with societies like yours…you allow criminals and terrorist to dictate your laws instead empowering good men and women.

We are working on all areas were guns are a problem. Not just mass shootings.

Six new gun control laws passed this year in my state. And more to come.

None passing in mine.

Scary, isn’t it?

Congratulations on violating the Constitution. It’s not trending your way.

1 Like

She must not like the constitution at all.

Did any of y’all look into the 3D gun case in the 9th Circuit? Defense Distributed and the Second Amendment Foundation?

There was something interesting in there, but I can’t find it in the lib press.

The phrase “Military Equipment” means (1) Drums and other magazines for firearms to 50 caliber (12.7 mm) inclusive with a capacity greater than 50 rounds, regardless of the jurisdiction of the firearm, and specially designed parts and components therefor; (2) Parts and components specifically designed for conversion of a semi-automatic firearm to a fully automatic firearm; (3) Accessories or attachments specifically designed to automatically stabilize aim (other than gun rests) or for automatic targeting, and specifically designed parts and components therefor.

Highroad

Notice anything missing?

No? They don’t? It’s a wonder they’ve survived all this time.

Actually, how do these countries do it??? They should all be under the oppressive rule of mad dictators by now. After all, they don’t have a 2nd amendment.

1 Like

Societies like mine? Do you mean a society that thinks that mass shootings should be accepted as a norm? Do you mean a society that would support school kids campaigning to have a safer school? Do you mean a society that doesn’t think that mass shootings like Sandy Hooks? Like Marjorie Stoneman Douglas? etc. etc. etc.

Unapologetically and unequivocally I have no problems with Australia tightening our gun laws. I think we should. I also am a very strong supporter that section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act should be strengthened.

Thank you tnt. We are so oppressed from 2007 we have had 7 different Prime Ministers (albeit the same person was PM twice).

We are so oppressed we gave serious consideration to having as our national anthem a song about a swagman stealing a sheep and rather than get caught committed suicide in a billabong.

That is why “eggboy” has gained so much currency and support in the aftermath of his egging of the appalling Qld Senator.

As an Australian I am very grateful we don’t. And to scuttle another one I am extremely happy that we have section 18C.

Hmmmm I seem to recall that legislation was passed in the US post 11/09/2001.

You do realize that the school shootings as horrible as they are only make up a very small percentage of the murders by guns in America?

They just get all the media attention but in reality is around 1% of gun deaths. The other 99% doesn’t get the attention.

I am not sure what point you are trying, albeit unsuccessfully, to make.

Yes I do understand that there are other circumstances including suicides. What mass shootings do is provide an impetus for change as has happened in Australia and NZ.

Did you ever think about just moving? Wouldn’t it be better than chosing to live where you feel you need a gun to stay alive. Your argument seems odd.

I need to live around here for my job and I’m not sure if I want to buy a place here yet. The only houses for sale are on the other side of town (the nicer part); they are affordable but I don’t want to run into a situation where another opportunity opens up and then I’m stuck trying to sell a house no one wants. Which is why they are fairly cheap right now; people move out of this town (about 16,000 people) not move to it.

My neighborhood is ok. Its mostly elderly people. The rent was too good to pass up.

It’s the neighborhoods down the road that you stay out of. Public housing projects and the like. Not good places.

Yeah, I’d just stay out of those neighborhoods. I don’t tempt death.

Which one is the good one?

1 Like