New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

Are NZ politicians held hostage by the NRA like our American politicians are?

1 Like

Law vs. Reality. I don’t “need” a permit now. I have one.

I highly reccomend it.

Propaganda.

Yes, the NRA is propaganda. So sad so many buy their lies.

1 Like

That they control politicians is the propaganda. The numbers tell a different story.

I’ve been told by cons that if all guns were gone people will still find a way to kill each other, so nope guns aren’t necessary.

Why them and not us?

Because when confronted with a problem with an easy solution, other countries take action while all we do is answer with “thoughts and prayers”, because a whole mess of people think having a gun is cool and makes them think they are manly men.

Grab them all, right?

You betcha.

That’s the easy solution? I thought liberals were against gun confiscation?

I’m a liberal who is and I’ve been very upfront about it.

I also don’t care what Conz beliefs are or their arguments are about this issue.

Nor do we yours.

“Conz”

We know you don’t care about anyone but yourself and what you want.

I can say the same about you.

Well that’s tyrannical.

You going to pay up the extra taxes to assign me a body guard?

Because if you confiscate my arms you’re going to provide security. We don’t all live in nice gated communities. You go a quarter of a mile down the street where I live and you’ll get robbed.

So yes I carry for self defense.

“God created man. Samuel Colt made them equal.”

Before easy to use firearms you either had to use your body or weapons such as sabers to defend yourself. Humans aren’t physically equal; some are much stronger than others and strength matters if you’re fighting hand to hand.

I only have to wait until we have a D in the White House and another mass shooting takes place (likely on Day 1) and the President declares a National Emergency and declares confiscation of all guns can now commence.

That’s how things get done in our country now.

Thanks Donald!

Go ahead. Flip that coin.

I don’t think you’ll like how something like that turns out.

1 Like

I don’t have to flip it. It’s already how things get done. You can thank Donald for paving the way.

I am sure all posters on here will be extremely pleased to know that NZ will be legislating their changes to the gun laws within the next 10 days. I will keep all those keenly interested will like me to let them know when it has been passed by the NZ Parliament.