New York to prioritize POCs over Whites for COVID treatments in short supply

Yep +10

I think they are lumping everyone together, regardless of recent immigration status. But the virus isn’t checking passports or green cards either. An immigrant, with poor health, or other risk factors is just as likely to die. Percentage of Hispanics deaths is under their representation in the general population. What I really see here is that there isn’t a large disparity between a group’s percentage of the population and the percentage their group equates to in deaths in the population from the virus. There is going to be some disparity, but there is going to be a margin of variation. The 3 largest groups within the population are all within +3% to -1.5%. I suspect environment (where they live) has more to do than their ancestry in this margin of variation.

2 Likes

These types of articles are so good at manufacturing outrage.

Here’s this thing this organization did. Here is a very small subsection of this thing they did that can be construed as controversial. Here are some tweets of people getting upset about said subsection. Here’s a quote from the organization that explains what this subsection means. Here’s why you should ignore this rational explanation.

Rinse, repeat.

1 Like

“How dare you notice what we are doing!”

4 Likes

“…this organization…”. Small subsection…”

We’re not talking about one out of control guy on a police force resulting in various lootings and burnings throughout the country. We’re talking about the official policy of the state of New York.

2 Likes

Which is explained. But some people tweeted about it. Which means we need to be outraged.

True. If bigotry is successfully hidden, there will be no complaints about it.

2 Likes

And the explanation was found to be racially discriminatory. You can varnish, paint and perfume this turd all you want, it is still a turd.

1 Like

1 Like

Where is this discrimination?

White peoples with comorbidities will have access to what treatment is available.

Nonwhite is considered a risk factor, but not the only one. At least two posters have posted studies linking higher obesity percentages to non Hispanic black Americans in particular, but white people with obesity or specific health problems are not being denied available treatment.

How is what NY is doing not racist??? :thinking:

2 Likes

Now get by with this:

“We are going to give the medicine preferentially to white people before black people because —————.”

Is there anything on earth you could fill in that blank with that would save NYC?

1 Like

So let’s say it were reversed and whites averaged a little more over weight. Do you increase the preference for white people, or do you ignore skin color and give the preference to people who or over weight, regardless of skin color?

If you followed some earlier discussions, when liberals considered unvaccinated conservatives to be at greater risk, the suggested result was to not treat them because it was their fault.

2 Likes

I bet you are outraged. Wait till Trump moves back to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. There will be hair lighting and knashing of teeth.

1 Like

You tell em, Doug. +10

As sneaky stated earlier, males have died at a greater rate than females. That would mean being male is a risk factor. Should males have a preference for treatment over females.

And it does no good to say something is just one risk factor. That is still discrimination because if everything else is equal, race will be the deciding factor.

3 Likes

Janet, Doug explained it well. I do not disagree with you. I would think that witholding treatment or vaccine is illegal. Biden is withholding treatment from Florida.

We have a ■■■■■■ up administration run by some ■■■■■■ up and wacked out progressives. God help our Federal Republic from lunatics.

Let’s Go Brandon

1 Like

Sounds good. Especially the virus is not checking passports.

Here is a wild idea. Why hasn’t the Defense Production Act been utilized to increase production of the treatments that still work. We already have multiple producers of the antibody treatments. The facilities producing the one’s that no longer work could have been converted to the one that still does. And Phizer’s new treatment could be order into production at other biotech plants.

1 Like

If they are more likely than females to have a poor outcome, than yes if treatments are scarce. However, due to the U S being a leftist feminist society that refuses to admit men and women are different due to offense of reality, that isn’t going to happen.

Don’t you just love the CDCs description of pregnancy? Pregnant PEOPLE?!?!?!?! There are now pregnant men in society? For real?

1 Like