New York Times Changes Headlines when Democrats Complain

The NYT used to have the slogan, “Without Fear or Favor”.

The headline change in question certainly demonstrated both fear and favor.

The Times have changed.

3 Likes

The NYT has evolved from a newspaper, to a liberal agenda mouthpiece and nothing more. As a neutral news source, it’s trash.

Then why do you and Trump and the OP give a ■■■■■

Headlines get changed all the time, even at the Trump News Network, formerly known as Fox News.

Yes, at times they get changed because of outside pressure, or because of changes in reporting based on changes in the story.

The updated headline is 100% accurate. No news outlet is under any metric to write flattering headlines for Trump.

Why is our alleged commander in chief so freakishly obsessed with the “Failed New York Times”?

Doesn’t he have real important presidential business to attend to?

Too bad our alleged commander in chief is so “engaged” in so many worthless issues that are totally a waste of a President’s time!

1 Like

I’m sure that OP was a big fan of the NYT before this. :roll_eyes:

I subscribed for the original headline and I want a refund.

Not at all. That’s why I started the OP as follows:

“This basically tells you everything you already knew about the NYTs.”

Luckily, there’s some nice Trump worshiping “news” sources available for people who love them some Donald Trump.

President Trump was so behind fighting off white supremacism and domestic terror that he downplayed it after the New Zealand attacks and would not get behind DHS efforts to ramp up against the growing domestic threat for a year.

So tell me…why should the New York Times write a flattering headline about him just because he read a prepared statement off a teleprompter?

The President has constantly talked out of both sides of his mouth regarding white supremacism and violence against illegals. Constantly…yet some of you continue to focus on when he talks out of only the one side, and trying to say he should be patted on the back for trying to “unify” the country.

I ask again…and I already know I’ll get no answer other than some of you pretending it hasn’t happened and the President has been totally consistent…what kind of a message does it send when he talks out of both sides of his mouth on these issues?

In 1896, the New York Times was an explicitly partisan Republican newspaper.

I’ll give Trump one thing, he’s made old fashioned shoeleather journalism a profitable thing again for the owners of newspapers just by his administration being so opaque and, you know, the nonstop lies.

2 Likes

This might be a crazy revelation to some people, but private news organizations are about making a profit. They make a profit by more people reading their news. They try to get more people to read their news by changing headlines. Headlines change every the day on the internet. They are literally A/B tested to see what gets more clicks.

This isn’t anything new.

ETA: auto correct sucks.

It’s as if a for profit organization listened to its customers and reacted accordingly. Crazy.

NYSlime been democrat operative/propagandist for last 30 years or more. They gave up their objectionably back when Clinton was pres.

It’s not true?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:

True. You seem to have a good understanding of how the NYTs works. Some, however, have the pretense that they are great seekers of truth and impartiality.

I mean, I understand how headlines work and who comes up with them. The article was fact based and accurate, people took issue with a headline that was written by an editor.

And top Democrats are the NYTs customers. They didn’t want a favorable headline for Trump, they wanted a negative headline and the NYTs complied to make them happy.
I never said it was illegal. We just need to know what the NYTs is and who they represent.

So you seem to agree with me. It’s like a for-profit company listened to its customers and reacted accordingly.

“Accordingly” regarding a newpaper should always be, to tell the truth. Wouldn’t you agree? Their mistakes happen too often and are consistently biased in one direction, to conclude it isn’t intentional