New York City pox party was a success! 21% test positive

I have a similar observation: Governments frequently exempt themselves from their own regulations.

If the subways were run by a private company, the city and state government would have been forcing them to implement social distancing no matter what the cost. Government officials would be all over this issue, and there would be outrage in the media about greedy corporations putting lives at risk.

I used to work in DC and saw a similar situation. After a snow storm all the sidewalks in front of the private businesses were cleared very quickly. They knew they would face big fines from the city if they didn’t clear them. On the other hand, the city was responsible for sidewalks on a short bridge. It would take several days for the city to bother to clear those off.

2 Likes

The transit workers are just the tip of the iceberg.

Much of spread occurred before the lockdown, but service cutbacks resulted in crowded trains even after ridership went down by ~90%:

In the meantime, New-York-based media have been hyperventilating about the risk from protestors gathering in Michigan, while they have ignored the real causes of the epidemic in their own city.

Behar said, “Well, I would like to ask them if they’re willing to sign away their right to treatment if and when they get infected. Are you going to say, I don’t need a ventilator because I thought I should go out and defy the governor’s order, OK? And I would like to know if people in states who are following the guidelines like us in New York, can be sure those people don’t come here.”

3 Likes

As time goes on, leadership incompetence will be revealed and it will not look favorably on those that based important decisions, on their feeeeelings. Lives were lost as a result. I also believe that the harder this whole thing is examined, the better Trump will look.

The screw up in New York City is not just a local problem.

Governor Cuomo vigorously opposed a proposed federal quarantine of the New York area and sued states that implemented their own restrictions. The result is that New Yorkers have been fleeing the city and spreading the disease with them. How many deaths nationwide are a result of cost-cutting at the MTA?

The epidemic in New York has arguably driven the shutdown nationwide, which has cost trillions of dollars. The idea the New York City would save a few million on dangerous transit cutbacks, while forcing the rest of the country to implement draconian measures, is appalling.

Yes sir. The results are the evidence of what you’ve said. Now after this danger resides some so this can be fully investigated, the results need to be fully exposed.

The New York Times recently admitted that fleeing New Yorkers could have spread the virus:

Pennsylvania had a rush of New Yorkers looking for short-term rentals in the Poconos:
https://www.thetimes-tribune.com/coronavirus/state-senator-cracks-down-on-short-term-rentals-in-poconos-1.2613221

It is no accident that rural counties in northeast Pennsylvania have had some of the highest infection rates in the state.

What happens in New York does not stay in New York.

2 Likes

No. The fact that other people besides him also ■■■■■■ up is not going to make him look any better

This is true. It’s almost as if there should of been a coordinated national response or something.

Not when your eyes are shut but with those that have their eyes open, they…will see the truth. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not like the President is so desperate to turn his mistakes around that hes suggesting injecting bleach and putting lights in our bodies

Yeah…keep regurgibleeting orange man baaa, baaa, baaad. It makes me laugh. :sunglasses:

Physician, heal thyself. Only one of us is giving politicalians he agrees with a free pass

Oh…TDS in stereo. I like it. :sunglasses:

And as usual you have absolutely nothing but thanks for the insight

Par for the course
:man_facepalming:

much less. unless by herd immunity you mean no-one ever gets it. if by herd immunity you mean flu level type immunity, about 50%

Have you tried injecting yourself with Lysol?

Doesn’t everybody? :sunglasses:

I’m going to swallow a glow stick to protect myself.

1 Like

I recommend a good Kentucky rye myself. :tumbler_glass: :sunglasses:

1 Like