New Mexico Governor declares 30 Day Gun Ban In Albuquerque and the county it falls within

Well there have been several shootings, including an 11-year-old boy at a youth baseball field. So the governor is declaring a public health ban on carrying weapons for 30 days. Of course, this will only affect the law-abiding members of the public, as the criminals will ignore the ban. And the criminals now know that the law-abiding will now be easier prey for the next 30 days. It does make a dandy virtue signal.

15 Likes

Brilliant move, because you know, mass punishment always works out so swell. :rofl:

6 Likes

I hope the good people do not abide by an illegal order.

Cloaked under public health is pure evil.

The Gov would prefer a knife problem like London.

It sounds even sillier when you use knife.

3 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

I wonder how many of these shootings were committed by illegal aliens?

5 Likes

The gang bangers are killing people, let’s disarm the law abiding citizens, that should help.

7 Likes

It’s not the first time she’s crapped on the constitution.

Lujan Grisham has signed multiple gun laws during her time in office, including a 2020 law that allowed for the confiscation of guns from individuals deemed likely to hurt themselves or others, as well as an extension of background-check requirements for almost all private gun sales.

it’s like rosie odonnel is the gov there

4 Likes

I thought effective public health measures required the response to actually target the source of the health issue. While our gun-grabbing advocates will rush to say this targets the cause, that won’t be true. Law-abiding citizens bearing arms is not the cause of the problem. The cause is willful actions taken by criminals.

4 Likes

How else would you cloak it?

Guns are the leading cause of death for US children and teens, since surpassing car accidents in 2020.

1 Like

Trial balloon.

6 Likes

how much more proof is needed that democrats are authoritarians who despise the constitution?

she knows law abiders wlli now be defenseless and criminals will not comply.

she knows it’s not law abiders who are doing the drive by’s. she knows criminals can take advantage of this

so why is she doing it?

because she hates guns. why? because they compromise her need to be absolute authority. typical left

4 Likes

How many of those are gang bangers killing each other?

4 Likes

Don’t forget suicides, they didn’t.

3 Likes

Right. We should think about this differently when it’s child and teen “gang bangers” killing each other with guns.

Even though this ban on bearing arms will have zero effect on suicide numbers.

2 Likes

Suicide prevention. Another public health issue.

Any reason you can come up with to grab guns, right?

4 Likes

I can’t say if the order in the OP is the most effective way or even legal, but if we’re talking about saving the lives of children, we should get creative.

How many of them do you think give a damn about the Governor saying don’t carry guns in Albuquerque?

3 Likes