New Mexico Governor declares 30 Day Gun Ban In Albuquerque and the county it falls within

Why?

this wasn’t the least bit creative.

it was contrary to law and common sense

all it did was scratch her authoritarian itch

3 Likes

i have a “creative” idea….

crack down on crime. maybe stop swarming in latin america’s “best”

but that would mean doing her job. thats the last thing democrats want

4 Likes

Can you quote your post demanding a prohibition on vehicles prior to 2020? Demands to raise the driving age? Prohibition on cell phones?

3 Likes

A virtue signal to authoritarian snakes, like those who took over Cuba and now rule over the people with an iron fist.

In any event, Check out Fidel Castro’s “common sense” gun control pitch. Does it not sound familiar?

JWK

Our Founders intended ordinary citizens to keep and bear arms [a contemporary fire arm used by foot soldiers] so they would be ready and able to defend themselves against a despotic government if necessary. The AR-15-semi is a civilian version of the United States military’s M16 and ought to be kept by ordinary citizens to defend against a tyrannical government.

1 Like

Gangbangers live by the sword and as such they die by the sword.

It’s sad but it’s a tale as old as time. Medieval bandits weren’t much different.

3 Likes

Do you believe there is a right to keep and bear arms?

Because with your line of reasoning you can justify almost any action in the goal of saving humanity.

6 Likes

Is suicide contagious?

2 Likes

People have the right to kill themselves.

2 Likes

No arguments here.

1 Like

I believe in the right to keep and bear arms and I practice it.
I also believe the governor’s actions are wrong-headed (and unconstitutional).
My disappointment is with people who attribute the motivations of ‘gun control advocates’ as pure evil. This attitude gets us nowhere in having a dialogue with the other side to talk about actual solutions to reduce crime involving guns.
For example, my brother and his wife are good people, but they don’t like seeing all the deaths by firearms so they vote for further restrictions hoping they’ll make a difference. All they hear from the gun lobby is cries of “Evil gun grabbing Commies” and they just turn them off.
I honestly don’t know how we’re going to come together to find crime reduction solutions but calling them all evil isn’t working, at least in my state.

2 Likes

Do you? Do you really? How do you “practice” bearing arms?

1 Like

Oh for ■■■■ sake.

2 Likes

No answer? Taking your shotgun out of a case in your Tesla is not “bearing arms.”

2 Likes

This is bearing arms
bearing arms

The one on the left almost correctly. The one on the right like a clown.

2 Likes

Well, she can decree and dictate all she wants. Now see if law enforcement follows up. Most sheriff’s are not gonna want to hold anybody on some spurious nonsense that could ensnare them in a big lawsuit that they are likely to lose. Then again, dimocrap sheriffs have been known to be just as stupid on the finer points of constitutional law as other elected dimocraps.

2 Likes

The police chief in Albuquerque will.

You used to be more interesting.

2 Likes

You never were.

6 Likes

Which will not be affected by a carry ban at all. And it is a mental health issue, with many means of suicide beyond firearms. In fact, I expect intentional overdose by fentanyl will become the number one cause soon enough. Much easier to get than a gun, and easier to use than a gun.

3 Likes