New Jersey feel good plastic bag law

They have already been bitching about how unsanitary the cloth bags are.

You will never win with the virtuous. There is always something around the corner they will pick up the torch for and parade around for the “greater good”. At least until they figure out why their last decision was met with derision and they change course yet again.

4 Likes

A few reusable bags will last longer than even recycle bags.

My guess is they last long enough that coastwise, the reusable bags are cheaper than your recycle bags.

I use reusable bags.

Not because I’m a tree hugger…because they’re easy to use and hold more stuff.

1 Like

Careful. You might end up with Plastic Bag Syndrome. (I kid you not.)

2 Likes

The thin single use bags were

1 Like

Doesn’t mean that canvas with months of spilled milk and soda soaked in is clean now.

I am sure YOU clean yours like a sanitation engineer.

Overall…not so much.

1 Like

Who spills milk and soda in a bag?

1 Like

Washing machines are a thing

1 Like

Sometimes…hear me out here…the food packaging becomes compromised during the trip home and the contents do emerge…a tiny bit or maybe a lot…sometimes for some of us.

What is it with people who feel like they have to knock a superior product on the head simply because it is environmentally friendly at the same time?

If you can’t find anything obviously wrong you go reaching…all, it seems, to keep the partisan divide alive and believe in your minds that Greenies are Weenies.

It was like that thread a few years back where people bragged they were going to purposely spill oil on the ground.

It’s a child’s argument…but some seem to enjoy making it.

1 Like

Consumers are lazy is a bigger thing. Wasting water and soap to destroy the eco system?

We just shifted, not solved.

I used to love it during the paper to plastic transition when you would be asked which one was desired. The best was when the paper bag was placed into the protective and durable shell of the plastic as a two tier system of grocery luggage.

3 Likes

Those who use the bags often most likely are cleaning them if they get spilled on.

Because…hear me out here…most people don’t like gross, sticky, grungy things to put their food in.

Maybe you have different friends… :rofl:

1 Like

I have seen the filthy soap savers in the stores.

They are only eating, not washing anything.

1 Like

I think I can count on one hand the amount of times that that has happened in my entire life.

Same here. I would also need more plastic bags for the cat litter. They’re very handy for cleanups too. So many multiple uses for them.

3 Likes

'round and 'round these do-gooder soapbox warriors go! :rofl:

4 Likes

Pretty much…lol

1 Like

@RTchoke already said it best. They’re addicted to their own “virtue”. :wink:

3 Likes

burning tires on earth day.

hoarding light bulbs.

Actually, I only need them for my garage. I don’t use them anywhere else. But I need two 250W bulbs for my garage. I’ve replaced incandescent bulbs everywhere I can because they are a pain in my butt. But I can’t for my garage.

For heat?