New Jersey feel good plastic bag law

It’s way easier. Only a half inch you have 20-30 bags. Each easily separated. No comparison to canvas bags.

3 Likes

I’ve been using canvas bags for a year. I assure you that it is not difficult in the slightest and I’ve yet to have 1 break open on me

1 Like
1 Like

It’s cheaper to reuse a tote bag.

This reminds me of the rush to buy incandescent bulbs…

3 Likes

I don’t care if it makes good sense, l won’t accept people telling me something is wrong

3 Likes

typical attitude of the right.
its all about me,the hell with anything else

2 Likes

Key statement in the article:

““They’re challenging to recycle and are very slow to degrade if they become litter in the environment,” Thompson said”

That supports what I also said in that post.

And especially note: I also said this: “But if the stores are going to go back to paper bags, I’m all for that!”

Paper is clearly more biodegradable. And it’s renewable.

2 Likes

That with a bit of the Con “You’re not the boss of me” attitude thrown in there.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is a left right issue.

It’s Concern for the environment v ease of use.

Allan

1 Like

Jersey gets it right for a change.

And leads the way with other states into the 21st century.

Allan

I don’t think plastic bags were banned In California but you have to pay 10 cents per bag at least in my county.

But once they made that change the bags are thicker, fit more and are less flimsy.

Personally I like that I end up with less bags and the ones I do get are sturdier.

Prog followers. Copy cats. Monkey see monkey do. Simon says.

Crowd sourcing. That’s the idea behind Democrat campaigning… isn’t it.

Democrats: Give people a) freebies or b) something to feel good about themselves and they will vote for you.

Cloth bags are disease vectors.

Didn’t you learn anything these last 2 pandemic years.

Only good thing about the Corona was saving single use plastic bags.

2 Likes

Laundry is a thing that we can do.

2 Likes

Few do. They were banned earlier in pandemic while hysteria was full steam.

Dirty disgusting filthy microbe breeders.

I spit on them.

3 Likes

I know that they were banned early on in the pandemic when it was not really known how well the virus transmitted via surface.

Once that it was determined that it didn’t transmit that well from that vector the single use plastic bag restrictions were phased back in.

I wonder if anyone sees the irony here.
Years ago paper bags were banned because of the environment. Plastic single use bags were introduced, now the plastic bags are being phased out because…gasp bad for the environment. Seems to me the paper bags weren’t all that bad in retrospect.

Better watch out cloth baggers…you are next…lmao

8 Likes

I remember when it was the green brigade screeching for the plastic bags and whining to do away with paper so as not to cut down so many trees.

I knew this day would come. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes