New Forum is a Welcome Surprise

Thanks to the admins for making me a regular

No problem. Folks can post here if they’d like to be up’d to regular status and get away from post restrictions. I’ve up’d most of the ones I recognize so far. Kind of a tedious process, but we’ll manage. Posting here to let us know would in a way help out, but let us know who you are if you’ve changed your name.

1 Like

No!!!

Quiet you!!!

What is this weird 10 char post length requirement?

It was 20. I think it’s to promote more intellegent discussion

We need some moving Emojis, these static ones ain’t cutting it. :expressionless:

1 Like

I second this idea. Not sure if Discourse is set up for such capabilities though.

No. Be quiet.

I’m starting to get the hang of it.

I hate the symbols … I have no idea what most of them mean.

thats what she said

Also need quoted links to show as their original content in replies, instead of just the URL.

Are you talking about like the chevron icon that takes you to the original post on the old site? I think it’s there, just click the up arrow to the right of the post.

If I post this gif:

And then you reply and quote it, it no longer shows up as the original content. Try it out by replying to this message

Ah, gotcha. I’ve noticed that.

Ah, nice. Figured out how to change my viewing profile so that my homepage is category view like the old site.

I’m not seeing those ads, but have ad blocker on my laptop. Am assuming I’d see the ads when using the phone.

I like your new name, and I’m just now realizing that your old one was a Street Fighter reference.

Was the old site shut down already? I thought it was staying up for archival purposes?

Testing