Netflix: The Witcher Casts. . . .

There is a lot of controversy right now because in the casting call for Ciri they indicated they wanted a black or asian actress rather than go something similar to how she appears in the video games or is described in the books.

This is a case where I agree with those criticizing the decision. Just like it was bad when Hollywood whitewashes roles that should be ethnic (like with some movie recently about Egyptian Gods) this is a book / game series loosely based on Polish medieval culture with some obvious fantasy elements. As such the actors should be able to pass for Polish / eastern European. Plus with the video games having cemented a certain look into everyone’s idea of the characters they should try and stay close to that just like I feel they should with comic book characters.

Lordy. How long did you have that 1080 before you figured it out?

I’m so embarrassed. About 10 months, but I had a 960 plugged into the same spot for longer than that.

I felt so accomplished building my first computer. Now I feel kind of stupid, except that my computer works so well now.

I only laugh because I did the same thing when I got my new mobo and 980 the day it came out. Only took me a day or two before realizing things were waaay below what they should have been.

Now my problem is I bought a NVMe SSD that requires some bus’s off the pcie. Its only running half speed until I get a new mobo…which seems like a good time to get the rtx 2080…which means I’ll need a new processor to keep up…then I might as well get two more 144hz monitors…because then I’ll definitely want a race wheel…but then Imma need to build a new desk…so I’m going to need some lumber…but that will take time…so I’m going to need to get a vasectomy. This all spirals out of control oh so quick.

1 Like