Net Neutrality is Dead. Are things getting better?

What internet does Direct Tv provide…

1 Like

No he has moved ont o the place that shall not benamed

Birds of a feather.

And 5G is going to hammer them even more. OP picks two companies and that’s supposed to representative of less investment since NN got killed? Lol. And gee, maybe Verizon is slowing their roll on 5G, because true 5G equipment won’t be available until 2019, hmm, maybe.

from Verizon likely halting its '5G Home' service rollout after test cities, waiting for 5G hardware to actually exist - 9to5Mac

As reported by VentureBeat , Verizon has detailed that it won’t have true 5G hardware for its 5G Home service ready until later this year. That means expansion to more markets beyond Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Houston won’t be likely until the second half of 2019.

As we previously covered, Verizon’s 5G Home service that started rolling out in October was built on pre-5G standards hardware. Now, as noted by VentureBeat, the company’s CEO detailed that true standards-based 5G hardware won’t be available for its home internet service until 2H 2019.

They are always been champions of the little guy…

An update to this issue.

Every justification for repealing Net Neutrality was false.

Big Surprise

2 Likes

I agree it is now a utility.

It makes me laugh when those on the right talk talk about the internet as a luxury. When was the last time someone applied for a job by posting a handwritten application form.

Oops… way to put a thorn in the narrative

Of course it has, funny I have seen zero change in service performance.
And I live in a small country town.

Pretty sure I could live without internet, it WOULD suck but I could.
Be a LOT harder to live without power and IIRC every POTS line has the capability to dial 911 even if no active service.

My bill has not changed

Congrats.

It isn’t raining here so it isn’t raining anywhere else.

It’s been 14 months! Where are THE ■■■■■■■ RESULTS!

ATT, Dish, DirecTV just to name 3. None are cable

AT&T owns Direct TV.

AT&T is reportedly looking for a merger with Dish.

So now you have two and maybe soon there will be one.

So you advocate for govt mandated max salaries?
If not, talk to the board that agreed to the pay

Broadcast television was never threatened by net neutrality, it’s all those living in the century that are moving to streaming that will be affected… What’s the highest internet speed you can get in your small country town? Have the carriers rushed to upgrade the services it offers your small town?

So what has been the downside to reclassifying them to class 1?

Just because you can live without something doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be regulated. You CAN live without electricity, you CAN live without natural gas to heat your home, you CAN live without water pump into your home. Should none of these things be regulated?

Have you tried to get a job in the last 10 years? I will tell you I’ve had three jobs in the last 10 years and none of the interviews started with: “I saw your ad in the paper.”

We probably should just repeal the telecommunications act of 1996.

1 Like