National WAS test Wed 2:18 pm eastern -- you've been warned

If it’s like amber alerts it’s about a 3 second ear piercing tone.

I know my phone I can’t silence the amber alerts :frowning:

1 Like

Yup there is this.

Me neither. We’ll just have to grin and bear it, I guess. It’s the government; worse things could be done by them.

I have emergency alerts set to “vibrate”. Guess my phone is going to sound like WWIII tomorrow. It goes off for amber alerts with a tone :frowning:

For the record, setting your phone to Airplane mode will do exactly the same, no coms in or out.

My phone’s bootloader is unlocked, so I can install custom firmware that will disable it.

No, no. Not statism.

All your base are belong to Trump.

Thanks for the warning. I’ll try to make sure I’m not on the road at that time.

HA! I will be in a Gov facility that is supposed to be EM proof, but I do not believe it is a true Faraday cage. EM test tomorrow!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Please note. Title was WRONG the opening post was correct. Test will be at 2:18 pm eastern time. I was reading two different web pages when making the post. The original test was to be in the morning, back up date and time was afternoon. Title of the thread has been corrected.

Ok…I don’t really find this to be a bad thing. Living in fire country and with kids getting kidnapped by non-custodial parents who run to Mexico a lot…I find these alerts to be a good thing…even if they startle me.

Gosh, perhaps DC has too much power. I guess as long as the simple people feel safe, right.

You should have heard it hear at my office. Every cell phone in the place went off at once. We thought it was armageddon or something. It was a weird sound coming from every office in our building. LOL…

You know trump will abuse this too and start using it instead of Twittter

1 Like

I curious about what message might be sent if it wasn’t a test.

“The twin towers are being attacked.” “Pearl Harbor is under attack.” type messages??

And, what am I supposed to do about that?

What kinds of situations did the originators of this system envision for its use?

“The Commies have launched all their missiles.” (Again, and what am I to do with that)

I am a dude but I could have sworn that Trump came on in and grabbed me by the…

Cant believe folks arent used to this. Its a standard Civil Defense alert. I guess you need to live around the water. I get them a couple time a month on my phone.

It was back probed by the feds to identify and track you so when they do their mind drug drop from commercial airlines they know who they dropped it on.

1 Like

We get amber alerts. I do not get civil defense alerts…this was strange because every phone in the office went off. I didn’t know there was a test. I was up watching the Rockies beat up on my Cubbies in 13 innings yesterday…so I missed the news. LOL Apparently everyone else did too.