National Small Business Re-Open Day May 25th

I get and sympathize with your position. I truly do. It sucks.

But many of us can’t take time off from work. We can’t work from home. I’ve been working in this nonsense since it broke out. I got laid off from my other job to the economic impact but fortunately I went back full time at the parts store so my income level wasn’t horrifically impacted. It was impacted, but I wasn’t crushed by it.

Some people weren’t that lucky.

2 Likes

And I am sorry for your situation. I do get it. This is a tough time for a whole bunch of folks.
And for a time there will be some folks who will not feel comfortable getting back to normal.
I think that the most important thing is that the shop owners and companies do their best to make their public places as safe as possible.

Yes it is. It’s about pleasing the frightened. Not everyone is taking this as seriously as you are because we don’t believe the threat is as serious as projected. We never have.

Even where I work. All of the managers are in one room, do you thing anyone is wearing a mask? Do you think I or anyone else wears a mask in the building? No! I don’t wear a mask in the locker room. Or outside smoking, or taking a piss. Sorry. If you are that afraid stay home. Don’t come out.

4 Likes

No, because the two (seasonal flu & Covid 19) are not comparable in terms of contagiousness.

Unless you have completely ignored all advice to ‘social distance’, you and I are not so different.

So what is the magic contagion threshold that warrants destroying the economy? Conveniently higher then the flu eh? Based on what?

So???

I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!!!

Sick and tired of the health care worker “hero” worship while small business owners get treated like garbage!

Passing on the idea now!

The issue was that if you don’t quarantine for seasonal flu, why quarantine for Covid?

Stay home if you’re that frightened but please, don’t encourage others to do so.

Incidentally, over 90% of COVID 19 deaths in New York City were incurred by individuals at a median age of 63 & generally obesity related problems, the most common one being diabetes:

We may as a nation have more obese folks than any other, but not everyone fits that description.

How do you get from this discussion to destroying the economy? And why ask me? I told you what I do. I don’t speak for anybody else.

Isn’t Memorial Day Monday? How about May 26?

I don’t encourage anyone to do anything.

1 Like

Your opinion.

I’ve always ignored the flu. Have only had it 3 times in my whole life.

Well put.

1 Like

Backed up by the words themselves.

So does the media with a Clarion call for flu shots.

In PA the average age is 80.

Your words? :grin:

No, that would be your words in response to mine and understanding the definition of ‘non sequitur’.