National security Threat/Alarm?

Not sure what’s going on but there seems to be lot of national security chatter going on at the moment.

You have Fox news reporting House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Turner is urging President Biden to declassify information related to a “serious national security threat.”

Than you have house speaker Mike Johnson out there saying no need for public alarm.

Than we have this little tidbit from the Hill.

On Tuesday, Turner sent a “dear Colleague” letter informing lawmakers that the committee voted to make information available to members about “an urgent matter with regard to a destabilizing foreign military capability that should be known by all Congressional Policy Makers.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4468159-speaker-johnson-on-national-security-threat-there-is-no-need-for-public-alarm/

So what does this mean?

China about to make a move? Iran has the bomb? what? When you tell American people not to panic…well than that’s the time to panic…right?

2 Likes

Why would this guy want to declassify information related to a national security threat?

Or is it this reason…to ramp up some threat to justify reauthorize Section 702 of FISA?

Two opposing factions of the House GOP are both threatening to tank the reauthorization of a critical intelligence surveillance tool as Republicans remain locked in a long-running standoff. One side of the debate views sweeping changes as vital to Americans’ privacy rights and the other warns new limits would critically undermine national security by effectively neutering the program.

I wouldn’t put it pass them to create a threat only to empower themselves with more power.

4 Likes

Never fear. Joe is in charge…

The ultimate decision will be from the White House. At least let us know who in the White House is qualified to make that decision. Certainly not the guy who can’t be prosecuted due to his mental condition.

Oh goody some overblown nonsense to justify somebody’s spending priorities.

2 Likes

Another security threat is dollar being overthrown by BRIC?

That would most definitely be a threat to our way of life.

1 Like

Meanwhile.

Dementia-Joe-Biden-4-435x245

Digital dollar coming.

2 Likes

It was observed and reported that the Gang of 8 got their briefing. And then both Intelligence Committee’s member were briefed. This is normal when there is a national security issue. However it was also observed and reported that all Members were getting a briefing. And it was mentioned that this is done rarely and should be considered a big deal.

1 Like

Obiden has the most “foreign relations experience” ever.
I’m confident everything is under control. :crazy_face:

That’s the part that scares me…

The Biden bunch!

That in itself is THE largest security threat!!!

1 Like

“If we can’t sell our bonds our way of life will be a thing of the past”

Red lights are flashing and the idioti in charge are asleep at the switch.

1 Like

Republicans in disarray?

I am reading in the twittersphere that its about the Russians wanting to put a nuclear weapon into space.

The first post I saw said it was connected to space so immediately I jumped to assuming a Armageddon/Deep Impact event.

But who knows it could be anything or nothing.

MSNBC is now reporting that the situation does have something to do with Russia.

5 Likes

Looking like the Russians figured out how to implement Reagan’s Star Wars program.

Nukes in space. Yep, I called it, new emergency spending program.

1 Like