National Red Flag Infringement Center

This is what they’re spending my money on?

$2M just for launch.

it’s best not to pay attention to what’s in these bills nowadays

1 Like

Every once in a while, you guys are called to give an actual answer to the problem of gun violence in this country. And lately the go to has been “mental health”.

The last time this came up in a major way I asked a simple question: what does this look like on the ground. Well, here you go. I’ll assume you guys aren’t fans?

While it may seem like a nebulous position to hold - “mental health” the issue isn’t with the position the issue is that the outcomes are difficult to predict and even if it were simpler we are talking about taking away people’s rights based on their potential acts.

My point is that red flags are nonsense feel good provisions that do little to actually prevent violence.

6 Likes

you could have just said this. good point!

1 Like

one of the most comforting things i saw once recently while i was in Texas was all the open carry.

guns are NOT the problem.

and no one would dare start shooting up that bbq joint.

the more guns out and about the better.

End around on the 2A

4 Likes

what do you think the problem is?

obviously you dont think it’s mental health issues.

Okay, then: so are there details? When a rightie says “mental health”, what does that mean? What does implementation look like?

No, but I want somebody to tell me what in means vis a vis gun violence.

Little to nothing

2 Likes

ah ok. yeah the mental illness that the left is ongoingly normalizing is leading to these poor souls losing it and snapping

the left - as usual behind most if not all things destructive, inimical and deadly to society

5 Likes

Everyone…

Gird your loins.

that means the shooter has mental health issues. not easy access to gun issues

Did you read the article? What do you feel this “center” does?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We all know that. How does the right intend to fix it?

When a rightie says “mental health” in response to gunman’s what does that mean?

Not unless there are some serious penalties for fake reports, firearms returned immediately if no cause is found, etc. These types of laws allow for anyone to make a phone call, justified or not without severe penalties for making a false report.

4 Likes

we can start by not trying to normalize all of the mental health issues that people have nowadays like the left does day and night all the time. Instead, we should try to help these people institutionalize them provide help guidance therapy, etc. instead of you know hormone injections, narratives about how they are discriminated against, etc.

1 Like
  1. Redesign school so that the stupid, retarded, absurd expectation that boys will sit still in a classroom for 7 hours a day goes away.
  2. Stop drugging them to get them to sit there. “Conduct disorder.” WTH.
  3. Be honest about the fact that single mothers cannot raise boys without the help of a man on a frequent and consistent basis.
  4. Be honest with men about the need for them to be men and fathers.
  5. Stop punching on religion.
  6. Require a psych eval at 16 to get a driver’s license.
  7. Offer funded counseling by men for men and boys.
  8. Put trades back in schools. Be honest with boys about their expectations.
  9. Stop treating boys like they are girls. Stop encouraging the feminization.
  10. Put boxing, judo and shooting clubs in schools.
  11. Stop with the toxic masculinity crap. And the patriarchy crap.
  12. Give them classes on gentlemanly behavior. By men, not women.
10 Likes

oh my. they dont wwnt these kind of solutions. they are too effective. i e old fasioned, and racist, sexist….

they want “solutions”. how far can society and culture bend to meet “our” needs