NASCAR says goodbye to the confederate flag

hey…idea…lets talk about people being “hung up” on flags…

2 Likes

I mean, those people are dead.

Yes, it is, both flags flew over slave states. Only one of which still exists and is still steeped in systemic racism.

And the confederates are still alive?

when you can point to the confed flag as being a legit symbol of racism cmon back

until then be wrong

1 Like

Wait. Seriously?

yeah go for it

2 Likes

Hahah. That’s ok. I’m good.

Sure, the KKK are quite fond of flying the American flag too, if that’s your argument.

To hell with the confederacy and everything they stand for. Nothing more than a symbol of racism white supremacy.

2 Likes

hee hee yeah… i figd. ; )

1 Like

in other words democrats

1 Like

Scared little creatures. :wink:

Well, alright, I guess it’s not 1933 either - yet, strangely, I suspect many people would still not be ok with the Nazi flag.

Unfortunately, a few far lefties also have no use for Old Glory - but it’s clearly a false equivalency because confederate flag was flown specifically as an opposite reaction to the civil rights movement.

1 Like

That’s because NASCAR is boring to watch. Like I get there is a lot of nuance and skill, when it comes to positioning, drafting, fuel usage, etc. But man, is it boring to watch cars go around in a circle. Formula One, is much more exciting, with its much more visible battles for placement.

lets not focus on how democrats bastardized it for their racist agenda

instead remember it for its origin - civil war battle flag

1 Like

Absolutely not. The Stars and Bars IS the confederate flag. The battle flag was a soldiers flag and naval jack. The Stars and bars flew over Richmond, the capital of the confederacy and was also carried into many battles. When they played the confederate national anthem, they saluted the stars and bars. The Stars and bars is a slave flag. No two ways about it.

My apologies. I was confused about the term “stars and bars”.

By the way, another Flag flown primarily on the west coast needs to be retired, permanently.

The South lost the war.

No matter how much the Vietnamese expatriate community might whine and blather, this is the sole legitimate flag of Vietnam.

Numerous cities in California have actually banned the legitimate Flag of Vietnam from display on government property, due to pressure from these morons. Which actually unconstitutionally contradicts official United States Foreign Policy, which recognizes the current Government of Vietnam, not the losers residing in California.

It literally is all but impossible to host Vietnamese dignitaries in California, due to these stupid pests who cannot get over the fact they lost the war in 1975.

As another poster suggested earlier in this thread, the loser traditionally lowers his flag.

Nascar has been hitting a downfall. They have overpriced tickets, let’s say the track owners as well, to the point fans arent paying those high prices.
Nascar wont stand for having the flag but they will let the looters and arson group black lives matter be represented.