NASCAR says goodbye to the confederate flag

The people at Nascar in their RV’s flying it as a way to say, hi we are from the south, come on over and have a beer with us.

Nope. Pretty sure 44%, which is the actual total, do not display the confederate flag.

The left have actually convinced themselves an appreciable percent of Americans want to enslave black people again or are fans of it having happened. There is no reasoning with such people.

2 Likes

Some act like it is still legal.

yep. that’s “racist” to the berserk left alright

1 Like

Oh no. A corporation is no longer catering to ignorance and bigotry!

Will someone please think about their bottom line!?!?!??

2 Likes

Pfft, it’s not racist, it’s the equivalent of yelling yee haw or
Going mudding in a 4x4. And I am not worried, the word you are looking for is amused. It’s not like I own Nascar stock or watch the sport.

If the flag is forever the flag of slavery because it flew over nation that allowed legal slavery, what does that make the US flag?

Holy ■■■■■ You actually think this? People can be racist and not want black people enslaved again.

1 Like

Naw it’s racist.

Other than whites without a college education, most people view it as a symbol of racism. Just 11% of black Americans view it as a symbol of heritage.

Good for them. Tradition states that when you lose a war, your colors come down. These southern boys need to respect tradition.

Hmmm, not exactly

The modern display of flags used by and associated with the Confederate States of America started in response to the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s and continues into the present day. Their revival began with Senator Strom Thurmond’s Dixiecrats in reaction to growing public support for racial equality, alongside opposition to civil rights in 1948.[1][2]

And that’s just talking about modern use, not talking about the actual confederacy and what it stood for.

It’s even less as of December.

From who? If you think there is going to be some huge movement, guess again. I hope you’re not too disappointed. Try to enjoy this positive step.

I am sorry, I was not aware it was still 1950 or 1960. Oh and what other flag was being flown prior to the civil rights movement? Oh right, the US flag.

Why do they need to be identified? Are they taking over your neighborhood?

Makes it easier to avoid them.

Like it says above, this flag was flown specifically as a reaction of opposition to civil rights.

The Georgia state flag IS the confederate flag. How does the younger generation feel about that?

And the flag of the country that allowed those civil rights to be violated was which flag again?