Nancy “No Negotiations” Pelosi

The easiest way for the senators to make their vote known is to actually, you know, vote…

You believe that and I’ve got some ocean side property to sell you in Nebraska.
Some people will just tow the party line and repeat every media talking point. I say they need to come together with an open attitude see what they can agree to and work out a deal. This it’s not my fault isn’t going to work for ever and when the tide turns they all might be out of a job.

Well, I think they were having a vote today on funding the government in the senate. Lets see how many dems really want people to go back to work.

Republicans have had the opportunity to open the government for weeks now. That’s hardly the goal.

I hate to break the news, but the senate is adjourned today for a federal holiday (MLK day) and will not be reconvening till tomorrow… You do bring up an interesting point though, why are they not voting on the bill passed by house?

What do you propose Republicans give Democrats in exchange for funding the wall? So far it hasn’t been anything

The House already voted through a bill to fund the government on January 3rd. Why hasn’t Mitch allowed that to be voted on?

Nothing is ever republican’s fault is it.

#1 Yes, there have been national polls done comprising voters in every state. They show that people are against Trumps vision of a “mission accomplished” wall.

#2 The House is proportional based on population, the people votes a change in power in the House in 2018 specifically to put the brakes on Trump. If the majority of people had wanted the wall, they would have kept the GOP in the House.

.>>>>

And two GOP presidents also had GOP control of the Senate and GOP control of the House and it wasn’t until Trump had an embarrassing loss of the House that suddenly it’s a crisis?

I don’t support amensty for adults that have entered the courty illegally, but legislation should be able to stand or fail on it’s own merits - not on whether the President can old the paychecks of 800,000 federal employees and another 500,000 contractors hostage.
.>>>>

I think you are missing my point.

The dems are not playing games. Are you calling the president a liar? :lying_face: He said he would own it but regardless the facts say it is entirely cheeto benito’s fault. One other thing, you forgot these employees are being forced to work for no pay so its not comparable.

Time to put the turtle faced piece of garbage in his place. Enough of McConnel’s treachery

I don’t hate it I love it

Actually, it is the Dems cynically using peoples lives for political purposes. It is they who figured we’ll just hold out until shutdown happens then won’t deal during the shutdown.

And we’ll keep doing that over and over again …

PhillyGuy

Trump is using federal workers as leverage to get what he wants.

Is there any serious question regarding what’s happening here?

1 Like

Nope its all on trump, he said so.

Actually, on Pelosi. Every other leader in Congress, Senate, and in the White House willing to compromise. She is the only one who is not. The continuing shutdown lies squarely on her shoulders.

PhillyGuy

Why doesn’t Trump open the government back up and then they can compromise?

Trump claimed responsibility, sorry.

1 Like