Nancy “No Negotiations” Pelosi

The problem is that dems will never deal with the border issues until they are forced to. They have had 40 years to get this problem solved but they don’t want to solve it. All they want is another amnesty bill and nothing else.

1 Like

It sounds like you feel entitled to funding a wall… Is that a fair statement of your position?

We should just get rid of the house. Pelosi and the far left control them and the dem house members are merely following Pelosi’s orders. Brainless automotons.

What some Trump supporters don’t understand is that McConnell is not allowing a vote because he’s uncertain that he can hold his party to no votes. He won’t allow a vote because if he does, and the Senate has veto proof numbers, this entire gamble ends in utter embarrassment for Trump. So McConnell’s only play is to avoid a vote.

1 Like

I hate to tell you but he does not have to do what you want him to do. New senate new bill. This is not a unique situation. This is the way politics are played any more. Don’t ever make a deal. Time for a change. I want them to quit playing to their base and the media and play lets make a deal.

Guess all those people better start looking for new jobs because the government is never getting funded again with that attitude. And that might be a win for all of us.

My guess is the House will soon pass a clean bill authorizing pay to furloughed workers immediately. They miss their second paycheck tomorrow, so the House will pass a bill that if McConnell sits on, literally puts the responsibility on him and the GOP for keeping 800,000 from getting their paychecks.

And what about the people who depend on some government services because they have no other options?

No, I feel that it is time to solve this issue. And giving amnesty and not solving the problem has been done before. No one in DC is going to solve the issue until they are forced to. Maybe this is the time. They are reaping what they have sown for 40 years. Lies and broken promises and no one has held them accountable.
Come to the table and work out a deal and all your troubles will be over.
It sounds to me like you feel that the illegal situation is not a problem and that the people who are laid off are entitled to a job. Just like you seem to think the DACA kids are entitled to become a citizen.

I love how there are posters in this thread stating that the Democrats will never deal with immigration unless they are forced. We literally just had the Republicans in charge for two years.

You all make the Democrats your scapegoats. It’s not their problem you can’t get your own party to pass legislation for immigration reform.

Maybe it’s time for them to call their senators and house members and say make a deal that works for everyone. Do your job.

The GOP has had control of the house, senate and presidency for two years. Why is now the time to “solve the issue”? Why is $5.7b the answer to the issue? How will it be spent? In what time frame?

There have been many elections in 40 years… Why have the voters not held them accountable?

It’s almost like you and the president want to ignore the election results from November… Sorry, better luck next time…

Their job is to vote… Why is the GOP and McConnell preventing the senate from voting? The house has already voted…

Well you tell me when have the republicans had a 60 member senate. The dems would never vote with the republicans. That might give them a win. Why didn’t the dems solve this issues when they did have a 60 member senate and the house? Maybe because they don’t want this issue solved.

1 Like

That doesn’t make any sense. Pelosi is a member of the House.

Its almost like you want to ignore that they left the senate in republican hands. Maybe the people wanted the two parties to work together and get something done that both parties could be proud of.

The GOP has had control of the senate for two years. Why was this not a priority then?

Trump torpedoed every bipartisan deal the Senate voted on last year.

It’s almost like he’s the biggest obstacle to getting anything done.

Maybe you want one party rule where you get every little thing you want. Maybe the rest of the country wanted the two parties to work together for a better deal for everyone. Maybe a lot of republican senators have heard from their states that they don’t like this bill. You seem to know how every senator is going to vote you tell me?

It’s a shame that reopening the government is the goal for one of the parties

1 Like