My Prayer for Our Nation

I pray:

Heavenly Father, hallowed be Your Name, Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

Please help us to be the people You want us to be.

Please help us to live daily dependent on You, give us each day our daily bread.

Please help us to have our priorities right, to love all, including our enemies.

Please bless us to find forgiveness with each other & especially You.

Please help us to do what is right in Your sight, not what pleases the crowd or to be seen by others.

Please help us to be courageous, & live life confidently, with purpose & with meaning, redeeming the time, not wasting our short time on this earth.

Please bless our nation that it will be what You want it to be.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

Isaiah 53:5 John 12:32 Acts 22:16

Why didn’t He just not let virus live in the first place?

I don’t know. I know I believe in Him, & His Son. I don’t have all the answers, I do believe He is, & there is a place He is preparing for those who are right with Him. It does you no good if you resent, hate, disbelieve, or disagree with Him, all will still find themselves before Him one day. My prayer is for you too. It’s ok if you don’t think it will do you any good, you have free will.

Notice my prayer did not mention the virus…

It is my sincerest hope you get to ask any and all questions and that they are answered satisfyingly for you…but…it’s a question for later?

The questions for today are; why did He let us live? What are we doing about it? How are we helping others during all of this? Is our Light hidden under a bushel or is it out in the open, doing The Lord’s Will…His Light, in this world darkness?

1 Like

Happy Easter to all for He has truly risen.

1 Like

Would this be appropriate for one that died if COVID-19? Why did He let them die?

corona

Presently my friend…all of us…alive right now…are walking through the valley, of the shadow of death? It’s our time and it’s our turn and The Lord honors us with this gift. The question is about what we are each doing with this gift? Are we helping maybe…the family members left behind? Are we in the medical field attempting to heal or cure those infected? This is the time where you don’t point fingers at others, you look in the mirror and search for that part of your selfish heart, you’ve yet to submit to The Lord so that you can truly grow in this life and learn to love Him with all your heart.

I’m just pointing out the folly of your question, “Why did He let us live?”

If you ask that but not ask “Why did He let them die?” You are merely cherry picking reality to fit your preconceived notions.

Who are you asking? Nobody here knows that answer. You might want to take it up with a higher authority? Just sayin.

1 Like

My belief is that this life…is a drop…and an ocean awaits. If I thought this was the end, I may dwell on your question but I don’t. This is a time to make a very important decision. After you’ve made your decision, then allow all those to witness your decision by your actions of love going forward.

Ok. I hear you. So it makes no sense to ask either question, “Why did He let us live” or “Why did He let the man die”. No sense dwelling on either question if life is but a drop.

He “let” so that it is all your decision…alone. What is your decision IS the question?

Have you ever had anything so bad happen to you that no good came out of it at all? On the other side, have you ever possessed anything so beautiful that did it did not start to deteriorate or dull over time?

You asked “why did He let us live?”

If that is a valid question, why is “Why did He let them die?” not a valid question?

I’ve got some bad news for you then, we’ll all die one day.

Happy Easter, Smyrna!

And, yes. In order to die, one must first live.

Agreed. So there is no reason to intervene and save some. Nobody is letting anyone live.

Thanks Meri and I hope all is well in your home?

I had a 3 year old granddaughter come over and first…she went on an Easter egg hunt outside in the backyard. This was broadcast throughout the US and Canada to her many relatives that enjoyed the moment vicariously through her smiles. Then she came inside and had to find her Easter basket. The chatter over facetime from so many enjoying the moment was very fulfilling indeed. The Lord, even in these trying times…is so good.

Personally…I disagree and I hope The Lord witnesses my daily efforts counter what you just said. Happy Easter my friend and may you truly come to know The Lord I know and love.